Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks! >

proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks!

Old 10-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks!

climbed up in a fresh stand tonight, 9th day havent been there yet,,,, so i thought! a #@$#@! cig butt on the seat! so ahole smoker is using my stand on my property and theres a posted sign on the tree! i had a pen so i left a note for him on the tree, not a love letter! but what to do if i catch him! wish it was the old west!
Old 10-23-2003, 07:40 PM

Default RE: proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks!

man, that aint cool! and he left a cig butt on your seat? that just aint right.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least he didn' t steal the stand ! Too bad trail cameras have a flash. You could use one to catch him in the act.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:52 PM

Man that is BS !!!!.I think if I ever caught someone in one of my stands,,he would be leaving the woods ALOT sorer,than when he walked in [:@]
Old 10-23-2003, 08:39 PM

Yep I have had the same thing happen to me. I left such a bad note that no one has returned to use my stand. I think they got the point when I wrote if I catch you and I will in my treestand on my private property I hope you can grow wings because you will be jumping out of the stand!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 08:44 PM

we tie our ladders to a tree with a lock. so where nobody can get into our home made stand.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:04 AM

one of my buddies here went out to sit in his stand one evening and found someone else sitting in his stand. He asked the hunter to get down because it was his stand. The hunter refused to move saying this is public land and i have every right to be here. no progress was being made so my buddy walked back to his truck and got his axe. went back to the tree the hunter was in and the 3rd or fourth swing of the axe the hunter climbed down and left. a little extreme but it got the job done.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:19 AM

I like the axe idea!!!!

Some people have no etiquette at all.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

We get the same problem on our property. Not cig butts though(not that I know of). We have caught a couple people, one person on numerous occasions. Its not a fun deal. I would say 99% of the time, they know they are on private property, especially with oodles of posters up. Those ones are just plain ignorant.

you have to make sure they know you are serious and will take the proper steps if neccesary.

Our property is 600 acres, its hard to catch all of them, but we do occasionally and have taken other steps to ensure they don' t show up again.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:43 AM

If you catch someone in your stand on private, posted land, I would say nothing and quietly slip out. Then call the game warden and go back in and have him arrested for tresspassing.

Quick Reply: proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.