Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FL Buck down

Old 10-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default FL Buck down

I have been passing on a does left and right since the season started because of all the buck pictures I've been getting. I knew it would pay off at some point and just needed to be patient. The rut was in full force the last week's in August and has been slowly declining now. I don't know why the season starts after the rut, but anyway. I sat last Saturday morning and saw a little yearling. Went to the same spot and I saw the same yearling at 7 o clock about 100 yards away. I was just looking and seeing what she was doing but she stayed the distance. About 10 minutes later this guy steps out 7 yards to my left and now my heart is really pounding. I just watched him and see what he did. He eventually saw the yearling and got a little interested. He finally turned broadside and looked back towards her. He took a few steps back and stopped. At this time he was quartering away, but was just looking. He was about 35 yards at this point. I took a deep breath and squeezed. I heard my bow and then I heard the smack of the broadhead and the buck dropped right there. This guy was a cool looking 7 point. He was severely beaten up this year. Missing browtine and G2 and looks like he was blind in the one eye. The kicker he has was pretty awesome, first buck I ever harvested with a kicker! None the less I start my season out with cool looking 7 point. Still have a couple nice looking bucks that are wall hangers around here that will be targeted. If anyone hunts in Florida what are some other tips or tricks that can be pulled off?
Attached Thumbnails FL Buck down-img_20161001_230501.jpg   FL Buck down-screenshot_2016-09-28-16-48-10.jpg  
Old 10-05-2016, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to you
Old 10-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

congrats!!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks fellas
Old 10-11-2016, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job. Glad your patience paid off
Old 10-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Great buck, I would love to have a sticker point or drop time. I have hunted many years and have not accomplished that feat. I will be in Florida for Thanksgiving and look forward to starting the learning curve. Congrats!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

I just finished my euro mount, it came out pretty good I must say! Just have to put some sealant on it and it will be on the wall!

Hunting Florida is an entirely different ball game compared to almost every state here. Depending where you hunt the rut occurs fairly early and some zones like the one I hunt [zone c] the rut has always occurred the last weeks of August/And maybe a few days into September. On top of that hunting season doesn't even start until September 17th! WTF! The entire purpose of hunting is the rut. Sorry for the rant but I've tried talking to FWC and sending evidence in order to change the dates year but I can't do it alone. We got a doe last weekend and we could already see a fetus growing in her! The main reason I think they won't bother is because many people dog hunt and don't care, but is still hunters suffer. Any way good luck Maine. I still can rant and rant.
Attached Thumbnails FL Buck down-img_20161104_135155.jpg  
Old 11-05-2016, 02:51 AM
Banned

congrats on your buck!
I have to ask, what the heck is wrong with your camera?
Old 11-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats bubba. How did u do your euro mount!? It came out great. Whatd u use to make it so white
Old 11-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

There's nothing wrong with my camera, I don't know what you're talking about. I used cream 40 hair product and whitening hair powder. Just mixed some together and did 2 coats. Leave each coat on for at least 24 hours, rinse with water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.