Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
maryland pretty boy resevoir bow hunting >

maryland pretty boy resevoir bow hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

maryland pretty boy resevoir bow hunting

Old 01-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Spike

Default maryland pretty boy resevoir bow hunting

hello all anyone on this forum hunt pretty boy reservoir in Maryland I have been hunting it for almost 15 years just looking for other hunters that hunt there and to see how there year is going
Old 01-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Spike

I'm a new hunter, and plan on hunting it next season. Any info you can share with a newbie would be great
Old 01-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Spike

about all I can say is get a map of the area and start scouting there are a lot of good areas around the lake to hunt and a lot of the areas do not get much pressure and other spots get hunted hard if you lived in pa I would be more then happy to take you there I am always looking for some one to hunt with I hunted most of the season by myself this year I was there last Saturday and got another doe and im heading down Friday morning to try for another one
Old 01-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

I recently moved to within 10 min of the reservoir and have always been curious. I have a patch of woods on Parkton I get to hunt but once gun season starts, I literally see no more than 5 deer the rest of season and I hunt often and right until the end of January. Every season the same, just dies.
I sometimes drive through the reservoir to get to work or family outings on weekends and always see a bunch of vehicles. I'd love to hunt it but always seemed like too many people for me. How is the hunter traffic in December/January when a lot of guys have hung in up? I'm one of those guys that would rather see no deer and no people than a few deer but stumble on people or the other way around. Interested in your thoughts
Old 02-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Spike

You can visit maryland.gov to search information before hunting
http://dnr2.maryland.gov/huntersguid...s/default.aspx

Last edited by william152016; 02-11-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Spike

some areas do get a lot of hunters and other areas you will have the place to yourself there is one area that I don't hunt and that gets hunted really hard and it is always packed with cars but they must be seeing deer because that's the way it looks all the time with cars parked along the rd no is the time you should be driving around the lake looking for deer and there trails I am going down this week to get my tree stand before someone thinks they should have it