Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Swhackers

Old 09-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BUCKINTHEWOODZ
Ive had great success with swhackers and got several path thru's on deer. They do leave a heck of a blood trail. I have not lost any deer using them and love them
Originally Posted by BTM
Never had a problem with my Swhackers flying great and killing deer quickly. I use Slick Tricks for elk, however.
You will, the design is badly flawed and its just a matter of time.

Ive had so many people tell me how great they are(because they shot a whole 5 or 6 deer with them) followed by a wild goose because exactly what I told them was going to happen did happen.

Ive tracked hundreds of deer and this is the worst broadhead Ive seen. Its very easy to see/understand the flaw in the design.

The head is designed to cut a 1 inch slit upon entrance and is prone to getting poor penetration......that is obviously a very poor combination.

Pretty much any broadhead will leave a heck of a blood trail if you hit the right parts of a deer. Ive seen blood sprayed everywhere from a very wide variety of heads but Ive never seen a broadhead more consistently leave zero blood than a Schwacker because the deer has a single 1" slit high on the body and either didn't get through the other side or has the guts plugging the exit.

Last edited by rockport; 09-13-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

I've been using swhacker for several years and have shot a lot more than 5 of 6 deer and yet to have one fail. The open on contact is awesome and has huge cutting.Everyone has their own opinion but I think they are great.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well everyone has their own opinion but there are also facts and the facts are they don't (and are not designed to) open on contact.

Its not failing that is the problem. The design is the problem.

Ive heard the same thing over and over again and it always ends the same.

I believe you haven't had any problems but you eventually will. How many mature (250lb) bucks have you shot with them? They leave a 1inch single cut on entrance...If you don't get through(and eventually you won't) or guts plug the hole that is a huge problem.

Just give what I'm saying some thought.

It is not an opinion that they leave 1inch entrance holes and are prone to lack of penetration...those are facts not opinions...Just give it some thought.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

My friend and I were just discussing this broadhead while watching Hank Parker's Flesh and Blood show last night. We both agreed on basically the same thing. Without a pass through you're in for a hard tracking job. What if you hit the opposite shoulder? I'm sure the deer will expire and will have a lot of internal damage but you would likely have a hard time finding it.
As for a quartering shot - I've never had any problems with any broadheads. Of course I never shot at a deer that was hiding behind a sheet of plywood!!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
You will, the design is badly flawed and its just a matter of time.

Ive had so many people tell me how great they are(because they shot a whole 5 or 6 deer with them) followed by a wild goose because exactly what I told them was going to happen did happen.

Ive tracked hundreds of deer and this is the worst broadhead Ive seen. Its very easy to see/understand the flaw in the design.

The head is designed to cut a 1 inch slit upon entrance and is prone to getting poor penetration......that is obviously a very poor combination.

Pretty much any broadhead will leave a heck of a blood trail if you hit the right parts of a deer. Ive seen blood sprayed everywhere from a very wide variety of heads but Ive never seen a broadhead more consistently leave zero blood than a Schwacker because the deer has a single 1" slit high on the body and either didn't get through the other side or has the guts plugging the exit.
Funny!!!!! I was hunting with my Buddy last saturday and this exact thing happen. He shot a Doe and it was a pass thru but the exit hole was pluged with 12" of guts. No blood to follow at all. we did find the Deer but it was not easy. He also bounced a Swacker off a Monster Kansas Buck last year. I been trying to talk him out of this JUNK for years.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

There's only one thing I believe from Hank Parkers mouth. That was his favorite joke. "How do you make a small fortune having a small race team in NASCAR? Start with a large one." The man is a used car salesman that got lucky fishing. Him and Jim Shockey are both self promoting liars. Don't fall for just anything that some moron from the idiot box tells you is good. They are paid hansomly to promote these junk items like Tinks 69 and Shwackers. Every year there is always someone on the idiottube promoting this or that claiming it's the best thing since sliced bread and you absolutely cannot be successful in the field without it. It's hilarious how the American Indians fed their tribes with whitetail and elk long before the expandable broadhead, or hell, even metal broadheads were even thought of.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
There's only one thing I believe from Hank Parkers mouth. That was his favorite joke. "How do you make a small fortune having a small race team in NASCAR? Start with a large one." The man is a used car salesman that got lucky fishing. Him and Jim Shockey are both self promoting liars. Don't fall for just anything that some moron from the idiot box tells you is good. They are paid hansomly to promote these junk items like Tinks 69 and Shwackers. Every year there is always someone on the idiottube promoting this or that claiming it's the best thing since sliced bread and you absolutely cannot be successful in the field without it. It's hilarious how the American Indians fed their tribes with whitetail and elk long before the expandable broadhead, or hell, even metal broadheads were even thought of.
I want to ad the squealing hen turkey call and who ever the guy is on the HS show that pushed these to that list! LOL
Old 10-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Spike

This Broadhead is an embarrassment to the noble sport of bowhunting. Shame on Hank parker and sons!