Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Has anyone ever tried these broadheads? >

Has anyone ever tried these broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone ever tried these broadheads?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Spike

Default Has anyone ever tried these broadheads?

I was just looking around on cabelas and amazon for some new broadheads and I came across these,Red Toxic Raging Broadheads Rotation Steel Hunting, Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them and if you liked them or not and if they were accurate at normal range (20-40 yd). Thanks

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

I looked at those before, but never bought. I believe they are chinese knock-offs the real Toxic broadheads. If you get em, let me know how they shoot
Old 09-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Im a broadhead collector with more than 500 dif heads in my arsenal. I do a lot of broadhead testing. Im party to assisting many bowhunters in their gear selection and setup. I run a broadhead only novelty shoot at the nations oldest and largest broadhead shoot. I have those heads. I watched as one of my shooters used the toxic you mention on a foam target (when he could hit it from 20 yards). Of all the heads, the toxic represented the least amount of penetration.

As to accuracy, that is on you and your ability to broadhead tune your bow. Given enough time and effort and properly spined arrow there is no reason they can’t be tuned to fly with consistency (that’s the best you can hope for since accuracy rests on your shoulders)

I find them near impossible to hone or re-sharpen so they are a one-and-done (disposable) broadhead. If you are one of the younger disposable bowhunters that may not be important to you and just by new blades. You will need a set to practice with and another set of blades to hunt with so you need to buy a couple packs.

There are over 3000 diff and unique broadheads recognized by the American Broadhead Collectors Club. Ive tried and I cant come up with an answer to what problem this head solved or what solution they offer with their blade design and configuration that other heads don’t/can’t do.

If “cool looking” is of value to you or a driving reason to have them in your quiver, then buy some, tune for them and hunt with them but by all means, accuracy is the primary goal. If they consistently hit where you aim, you are half way there. If you always get a pass through and outstanding blood trails with them, you will have a pretty strong argument for using them.

The “Plug cutter” broadhead is nothing new and all suffer from hair, stringy tissue, fat, etc slowing and stopping penetration. Again, what problem does this design solve that needed solving (aside from looking neat?)
Old 09-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree that these heads will require a lot of KE in order to drive through a deer. Especially is ribs on both sides are hit. On a shoulder shot I think you could guarantee a no pass through. Unless your shooting some kind of monster draw weight bow.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I may have spoken too soon above. MAYBE because there is no bone involved. But here is a pretty good video on them (if you want to kill a ham!)

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;...&hsimp=yhs-004

This guy is funny too: https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b

Last edited by bronko22000; 09-22-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:32 AM
Spike

So I think I'm going to choose some different broadheads, what would you guys recommend? im looking at some Muzzy broadheads, specifically the mx3 and the mx4 (links at the end), anyone have experience with these?

thanks again

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-23-2015, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

My brother in Pa got some Toxics and says they are great. He has killed several deer with them using both vertical bows and crossbows. Archery is his only style of hunting. Does not penetrate as good as standard broadheads but he says it makes a huge hole.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

strikers, montecs, muzzy's, wac'ems, slick-tricks, grim reapers, wasps ect... are all fine examples of broadheads that will work.
if the KE is there, the shot is placed well and the chosen broadhead is practiced and matched with a good arrow from a tuned bow they will all take game.
nothing against mechanical broadheads either i just don't have the experience with them to be advising for or against.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WVUHunter
So I think I'm going to choose some different broadheads, what would you guys recommend? im looking at some Muzzy broadheads, specifically the mx3 and the mx4 (links at the end), anyone have experience with these?

thanks again
Those should work just fine. Get some, buy a broadhead target and satisfy your own questions by shooting them. How they fly and the ability to tune for them is key. Its job one. Nothing else matters until they hit where you aim and do so with consistency.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 09-23-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

From my experience while pretty much any decent broadhead can be shot with accuracy standard muzzy heads are one of the more difficult to tune. If I were going to shoot Muzzy I'd try the trocar(and I think I will try them)

I wouldn't touch the toxics. Silly design IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.