Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Scent Control Question >

Scent Control Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Control Question

Old 07-28-2015, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Scent Control Question

Hey guys, my trigger release was getting a bit stuck and I sprayed it down with regular marine lubricant. I know I made a big mistake and should have used unscented oil but didn't have any at the time. Now my question is this. What will be the best way to get this smell off my release? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My suggestion would be to wipe it down as best as you can to remove any trace of the marine oil. Then spray down with scent control spray, wipe again, and follow up with scent free oil.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wallhangr
My suggestion would be to wipe it down as best as you can to remove any trace of the marine oil. Then spray down with scent control spray, wipe again, and follow up with scent free oil.
Thanks for the response. I will definitely do this. I was thinking maybe there is something that will remove the odor like baking soda does but I don't think that will work here. Any more suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Playing the wind is far more important than any scent control product or strategy out there. You can't beat a deer's nose. You might fool 'em for a second or two, but they'll figure out you're there, no matter what.