Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Darton pro 1100

Old 04-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Spike

Default Darton pro 1100

I am currently shooting a Darton AS 300. This year I have been having alot of problems with it. First I couldn't get clearance with my cables shooting blazer vanes, second the bow seemed very loud, and now (after taking the bow to Darton where they replaced the riser) my center shot is so far to the left that it's uncomfortable to shoot. I think somewhere along the line I bought a bad bow.

Even though Im frustrated, I am sticking with Darton because the past products that I have used have worked great and the customer service is second to none. I have been looking at the Darton Pro 1100. The word is that they will be making this bow into a split limb bow next season and I don't like the idea of a split limb. So I am thinking about buying the current model.

If you own one or have shot one let me know how they perform. I plan on finding one at a dealer and test shooting it before I make any final decisions. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

melroycen, To put it bluntly, a quiet Darton is a mythical beast such as the unicorn. People claim they are out there but no proof has been seen as of yet

And BTW, you seem to be WAY behind in the times. Darton hasn't made the 1100 series since 2010.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:55 AM
Spike

great
Old 07-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have an old Darton Storm, and it is quiet as Death.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to hear it to believe it Mountain. Maybe you have an anomaly but it's more than likely you have never heard a quiet bow to compare it to. Every Darton I have heard on the range sounds like someone smacked the bottom of a 5 gallon plastic can. THUMP!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

I've had two other hunters who have been bowhunting for more than 30 years both tell me they couldn't believe how quiet it was. They were both shooting Matthews (I don't recall the model; one was old and one was new), and both said mine was quieter than theirs.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then you sir have an anomaly. It would be the first one I had ever heard that was quiet and I have heard MANY Dartons over the years. Hell I thought my old Hoyts were quiet till I picked up my first BowTech. It's even quiet with really light arrow setups. But I like my "logs". Makes it even quieter and better penetration value to boot!