Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Champion Saber

Old 10-12-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Champion Saber

I am looking into getting a Champion Saber. Do any of you have one, or have you ever shot one? What do you think of it? I' m going to look at one, and hopefully buy one, Wednesday. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Champion Saber

I have one, been shooting it since Jan. I can' t think of anything to complain about. Bought mine because the price was right, and my good friend is the owner of the shop where i bought it.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

my son shot one for the last 2 yrs, his was a buck saber though...same thing
i think they are a really good bow.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:25 AM

I have had one for the past few seasons. I really like mine. I use it for hunting and for shooting in a league at my local archery shop. I shoot the least expensive bow at the league but still hang in there with everyone else. I recently bought a much more expensive bow and am currently trying to sell it because I have went back to my Sabre.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:32 AM

I have owned and shot one for the past two or three years. Love it. I bought it after reading an article in a bowhunting magazine about the cheapest bows worth owning. The Buck Sabre built by Champion won hands down. The quote in the magazine went something like this" Not the prettiest bow in the world but if you are willing to over look the outside you will have a bow that can shoot with bows that cost 3 times its price." I agree with them.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:30 AM

Are you guys serious?
What a nice surprise, I have new Sabre in my basement !
I started archery in March this year, and this was my first bow, after couple of months I wanted something heavier for hunting (the Saber is 50 lbs lefty) and bought Jennings Trophy Master 70 lbs which I shoot at 60-65 lbs, I like the Jennings (bit heavy thouh) and was thinking of getting rid of the Saber, but after reading this post I will probably keep it.
Have question though, can I re-fit this bow for semi-serious target shooting, I mean long stabilizers, good adjustable sight etc..., or is not worth it?
Old 10-13-2003, 11:37 AM

One more question
Can I re-paint the limbs?
I don' t like the camo finish for taget shooting.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:50 AM

Don' t know about painting it I like it ugly. I have mine set up for hunting with stablizer, muzzy zero effect rest, montana black gold sight, peep site, limb savers, and string silencers. Basicly the same way I would set up any other bow I owned.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and I have been pleased with it. This spring I am upgrading to a renegade or mathews and this will be my back up, or I might get rid of it because I don' t want to buy a new string. It is very accurate but the brace height is really short so I sometimes nick my arm, and if I ever have a off day they are usually way off because it is a little less forgiving then other bows. Worth the money and I would recommend it to any beginner.