Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2015 ATA Show Products >

2015 ATA Show Products

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2015 ATA Show Products

Old 01-17-2015, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up 2015 ATA Show Products

I just started to go through some pics and video's people are posting from the 2015 ATA show. Pretty impressed with the new Athens bows. They sound like top of the line bows while coming in under all big companies prices. The bows look amazing and have great finishes. The Solace looks like a great hunting bow and sounded really quit in a video I found. Has anyone shot this bow and can share what they thought about the draw cycle? It looks like the closes dealer is in WA which is a bummer. Anyone else see or hear about some great new products from the 2015 ATA show?
Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I didn't get to walk around much (working at a booth), but one thing I noticed was a lot more traditional gear on display and in advertisements.

BCY displayed some new color combos for 452X--two and three color combos. They sold out quick. Probably have them again at Vegas--I'll try to get some good pics if they do.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LBR
I didn't get to walk around much (working at a booth), but one thing I noticed was a lot more traditional gear on display and in advertisements.

BCY displayed some new color combos for 452X--two and three color combos. They sold out quick. Probably have them again at Vegas--I'll try to get some good pics if they do.
That is neat to hear about the increase in trad gear.

I also like the looks of Twisted Timber Tree Stands. Great stand for the Pacific NW!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Arrgghhh....seems I remember seeing their sign, but didn't get to check it out. Sounds like a great stand for MS creek bottoms...

Best thing (to me) about the bigger traditional offerings were more affordable bows for youth and beginners. Great Tree is bringing on a line of youth recurves that looked really nice, and were very affordable.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LBR
Arrgghhh....seems I remember seeing their sign, but didn't get to check it out. Sounds like a great stand for MS creek bottoms...

Best thing (to me) about the bigger traditional offerings were more affordable bows for youth and beginners. Great Tree is bringing on a line of youth recurves that looked really nice, and were very affordable.
I can't wait for my daughter to get a little older so she can shoot a bow.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

How old is she? 'Course it varies based on the kid's size and interest, but FWIW my son started shooting when he was 2. Shot in his first 3-D tournament a couple of weeks before he turned 3.

Just bought my best friend's grandson his first bow a little while back--he just turned 3, and it loving it. I bought his sister one when she was 2 or 3 also.

Kids will surprise you--they catch on quick.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm not worried

...about he genius and inventiveness of new product dealers. I just wonder how long they'll be intermediate products for those not in full time archery. Not every hunter should necessarily be looking for the best of the best. Or is !!!

Last edited by Valentine; 01-22-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:02 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Prices run the gambit with traditional equipment. Adult bows can start at just over $100 and go up to $1,500 or more for a decked-out custom with exotic woods.

I haven't explored the compound world lately, but I'm sure most companies offer bows in lower price range for folks who don't want to spend a ton.