Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rut in North Dakota? >

Rut in North Dakota?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut in North Dakota?

Old 11-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Spike

Default Rut in North Dakota?

I live in western North Dakota and have been hunting whitetails and muleys out here all year. I was also in Montana hunting elk and deer during the first weekend in November. I have not noticed any deer in the rut yet.

The question I have is whether or not anyone has seen the deer rut in North Dakota? I have not seen any indicators that have been in the rut. My girlfriend was out working and she saw for about 2 days bucks chasing does but then it came to a screeching halt.

Yesterday I was out doing a spot and stalk. I came across a brute of a buck but he was not paying the slightest bit of interest in the does. I'm just confused if mule deer rut different than whitetail. I know I may have missed it but it was only going on for two days then?