Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New bowhunter help? >

New bowhunter help?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bowhunter help?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default New bowhunter help?

My son-in-law wants to add bow hunting to his rifle season hunting. Any suggestions about deer equipment? Christmas is a commin'...Thanks, what say you?
Old 11-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Spike

well what are you looking to get him? i have a bear bow. cost me 300$. its last years model. but its as good as any bow. especially to start. I have carbon arrows. any will really do. As long as they are carbon. as far as heads go. to get the most true shot, youre better off with a mechanical tip. but i prefer a broad head. it shoots a little different then a practice tip because it can weigh a little more or a little less then the practice tip.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

My suggestion is to find a good pro shop in your area. Go talk to them and see if you can get a gift certificate for however much you want to give him and put it in a card.
That way he can find a bow that he likes and feels good to him and the shop can set it up properly for him.