Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What a great night >

What a great night

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a great night

Old 10-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What a great night

I was in the treestand this evening hoping for a nice buck to come by. About an hour before dark I caught movement 100 yards or so out. Black and my first thought was turkey. But nope. It was a bear casually working its way in my direction. As it came to the trail I walked on he stopped and smelled the ground and turned toward my stand. I thought, that is a good bear. And the closer he got the better he looked. At about 15 yards he was close enough to accurately judge his size. I estimated him to be about 24" - 30" wide across the shoulders, close to 36" at the highest point on his back and an easy five feet long. The closest he got was 13 yards and broadside. His coat was gorgeous especially with the sun shining on it. He would take 4 or 5 steps and check the wind. But he never winded me. It was a real treat to watch him. And amazing how an animal so big could make such little noise in the dry fall leaves.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

very cool, never know what ur gonna see
Old 10-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kewl. It would have been hanging up waiting for smoked shoulders and sausage.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Spike

Seen a bear yesterday myself. Always neat to see them since we don't have a ton of them around here.