Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
LED nocks, worth it? >

LED nocks, worth it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LED nocks, worth it?

Old 12-20-2014, 06:15 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Totally worth it. After a shot I spent 30 minutes looking for an arrow that was right at my feet a few years back. With the lighted nock you find your arrow faster, you watch flight, pentration, and you get a clear image of exactly where your arrow hit.

P.s. they sell 1 pack nockturnals for $9 if that stings your pocket book less.
I couldn't agree more. I'll never hunt without lighted nocks!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTM
I couldn't agree more. I'll never hunt without lighted nocks!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
for hunters.
And some hunters need about everything that's expensive.

Saved me a fortune by looking at all the goods available in a big box store, and realized I'd go hunting and fishing with a lot less stuff over my career.

Good luck to all buyers.
Originally Posted by Valentine
it must be hell to launch a $15 broadhead aboard a $10-$12 arrow, with extra vane protection, some eighty yards.
Lot of room to charge for the "insurance."
And is very true to some. Not all!! Some choose to change, adapt and upgrade with the time and not remain in the very far past with equipment that could be found in a museum or made from the scrap pile leftovers.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

They are worth it especially if you hunt in Florida or the South for that matter. When you sling and arrow down here in the dirt then get down it is so easy to loose and arrow. I have lost many arrows down here. Think about the money of the arrow and broadhead wouldn't you want some insurance to find your arrow? Hear is a picture of my sister with her Florida public land deer and if you look at the foliage you can see how easy it is to loose and arrow. You still will loose an arrow with pink fletching. Where the lighted knock comes in handy.
Attached Thumbnails LED nocks, worth it?-10399152_1027766710282_8079220_n-1-.jpg  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they help you find 3 arrows at practice, then they pay for themselves. If you're practicing with broadheads, they pay themselves back on the second arrow found.

I don't buy the line that they "help you see your arrow in flight," because you shouldn't be trying to watch your arrow in flight anyway. Big no-no in my book, because it guarantees to me that you didn't follow through on the shot properly. BUT, if you don't pass through, it gives you a good reference for where you hit, and if you do pass through, you have a glowing beacon behind where it was standing when you made contact.

For deer hunting, they're a nicety. For coyote hunting, they saved me a ton of money. I lost about a dozen arrows in the first month or so after I started calling coyotes to the bow. Stuck the lumenocks in and started recovering about 8 or 9 out of 10, rather than about 4-5 out of 10.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Spike

I use lumenoks on a crossbow with a scope.I have shot several deer with them and was able to see the light pass thru on every shot.
Of course they help in finding the arrow and give you a good indication of shot placement which can give you an advantage in knowing how long to wait to trail your deer.
The way I look at the cost is for a few extra dollars and usually only taking one shot a year the liitle extra it gives might just help and what is a couple dollars after all the money we spend on equiptment,atv,s land, etc.
Just my own opinion and choice but "if you wanna play you gotta pay"
Enjoy your hunting everyone.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:15 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Simple they HELP!
Old 02-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

The price really isn't that bad if it means you can see exactly where you've hit the animal and easy retrieval of your arrow.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The break-even point

If you don't lose three arrows, costing ten dollars or more apiece, it pays off.
If you're a newbie who is shooting 3D events, with leaves on the ground, not losing three arrows, costing ten dollars each, will pay off in one day.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
If they help you find 3 arrows at practice, then they pay for themselves. If you're practicing with broadheads, they pay themselves back on the second arrow found.

I don't buy the line that they "help you see your arrow in flight," because you shouldn't be trying to watch your arrow in flight anyway. Big no-no in my book, because it guarantees to me that you didn't follow through on the shot properly. BUT, if you don't pass through, it gives you a good reference for where you hit, and if you do pass through, you have a glowing beacon behind where it was standing when you made contact.

For deer hunting, they're a nicety. For coyote hunting, they saved me a ton of money. I lost about a dozen arrows in the first month or so after I started calling coyotes to the bow. Stuck the lumenocks in and started recovering about 8 or 9 out of 10, rather than about 4-5 out of 10.
I have $10 in my arrows so if I lose 5/10 that is $50. If I add lumenocks and lose 2 out 10 that is still $40.....lose 3 and I'm at $60

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.