Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Arrows with Deploying Blades inside the Arrow >

New Arrows with Deploying Blades inside the Arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Arrows with Deploying Blades inside the Arrow

Old 10-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
Yes. Thickest BH on the market, all Steel. Shooting the 125gr Phathead with the FMJ 400 with a 50gr ss outsert from firenock . The arrow weight comes in around 520 grains. It Blows right thru a Deer with no problem. I am getting 270 fps out of my Elite Answer with this arrow BH setup. GREAT BUCK in your avatar rockport.

Hatchet Jack

Thanks, that sounds like an excellent setup. The vitals sure are bigger when you use a setup that will comfortably blow through a shoulder blade. It makes a huge difference on quartering shots where you either going in a shoulder or out a shoulder.

Its actually hard to stay out of the back shoulder on quartering away deer and I suspect that is the source of all the conversation about "good hit but no blood" It doesn't take much visible angle to hit that back shoulder.

Last edited by rockport; 10-24-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hadn't seen the price, given possible penetration issues, that means probably a one shot arrow since most non pass throughs I"ve seen result in a broken arrow.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
Hadn't seen the price, given possible penetration issues, that means probably a one shot arrow since most non pass throughs I"ve seen result in a broken arrow.
Why shoot an arrow with possible penetration issues anyway?