Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching jig?

Old 09-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Spike

Smile Fletching jig?

hello all im new to bow hunting and while practicing the fletching on my arrows came off. i asked a friend of mine to re fletch them and he did a poor job because they came off again right away. Im looking to buy a jig but want to know what one is the best and how much it is. I have blazer fletchings and the regular fletching glue. I also want to know what kind of quality the jig is and if it will last me. how many arrows can i do at a time? and any other important info! thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best: Bitzenberger
My suggestion: Jo Jan multi-fletcher

bitz does one arrow at a time, JJ: 6. I've used my JJ for years and never had an issue. the bitz is more adjustable and clamps sort of self-align due to magnets.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Bitz jigs are expensive, but they really are the best. They're metal and they will last a lifetime. The Jo-Jans are cool, because you can do 6 at a time, but that's hardly necessary unless you're opening an archery shop and fletching arrows for everyone else. I screwed my single fletching jig to a heavy board and set it on my foot stool, so I can fletch arrows while I watch TV in the evening. Even if I'm using the standard glue, without an activator, I can easily do 6 arrows in one evening.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get the bitz
Old 09-19-2014, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

Dad's been using a single jo-jans fletching jig for over 35 years the same one nerve had a problem with it. Very one I know that fletchs their own arrows uses jo-jans. My uncle uses the same.one he bought over 30 years ago to.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

i use the jo jan 6 right helical i love it
Old 09-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Spike

I prefer the jojan over the bitz. The arizone ez fletch mini is also very popular and super easy to use