Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
3D printed backup arrow holder >

3D printed backup arrow holder

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D printed backup arrow holder

Old 08-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default 3D printed backup arrow holder

Ive stated using a 3D printer and as I experiment with this engineering marvel Ive thought up some bowhunting uses for it.

Here is one of them. I don’t like to have a quiver on my bow while in a stand. I shoot white crest, 3 white vanes and a white nock. I don’t like these 5 bright white flags attached to my bow while maneuvering for a shot so I have a clip on the quiver to hang it on a nearby branch but that puts the arrows out of reach sometimes. Ive always wanted a way to clip a backup arrow closer to where I want it and adjustable to the situation.

Here are the 2 pieces for the arrow clip. The larger part snaps onto a 1 inch square tube (which all my ladder stands are made of). The smaller part snaps into the larger part and swivels putting the backup arrow at whatever angle I need it. Rocking the arrow backward releases it from the clip. I can print more of them or move this clip from stand to stand.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:32 PM
byg
Spike

That's Cool! I don't really know much about 3D printing. It seems to me like CNC machining, not a machinist either LOL...Could you explain the difference
Old 08-26-2014, 02:35 AM
Typical Buck

Imagine a hot glue gun instead of a printer cartridge in your printer and the head moves up with every layer of plastic it lays down. You can print with ABS plastic, PLA, Flexible material and a few others. You have to model a part in a CAD programe in 3D and then send it to the printer.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 AM
byg
Spike

Fascinating, thanks for explanation
Old 08-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

You need a patent on that thing, would probably work on almost every climber out there too. Add some other attachments for hanging calls, scents, etc and you're set.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Go ahead and patent it. I have several patents. I just like to share ideas with people. Im already working on an improvement.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing, just thought it was a cool product that there would be a market for. I know I'd probably buy them for a few stands.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I saw on another site somebody was using these pen holders as arrow holders. The only negative is that they are sticky back and not adjustable to any situation so I modified my 3D file to remove the hard clip so I could use this flexible rubber thingy and still swivel. I replaced the double sided tape that came with with something better.

I cut them in half so I can get two from one holder since its more than gripy enough for the task. They work great for Carbon Express and Gold tip shafts but the micro diameter shafts don’t work and slip through.

http://mytest.typepad.com/penpal/uses.html