Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fix tines or not fix tines >

Fix tines or not fix tines

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fix tines or not fix tines

Old 08-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fix tines or not fix tines

I am wondering how many have your tines fixed or just leave deer how it was. This is the big boy I shot last year and am debating over having the tines fix. He was 165 and some change but could of been like
180+ with the 3 tines he had broke off. Would you fix them if it was your deer. Thanks and good luck this year...

Last edited by markjenna; 08-21-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

what a stud.. first off, congrats on such a freak! beautiful buck.
I personally say leave him the way he was when you shot him.. that is how he died and should be remembered in my opinion.
I do have friends that have had them fixed though and they are happy with it. My buddy did, but the deer broke a tine after running into a tree and he could not find it apparently. he said it wasn't broken when he shot...
Old 08-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Spike

Awesome deer. I would leave him how he is. His score should be as he died. But hey man, its going up on your wall.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I have had tines put back on. But I have had pictures of those deer prior to killing them so the taxidermist had something to go off and the tines were very similar to what they originally were. The other thing is the score always reflects the deer as it was killed.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Spike

Nice deer. I never have. I mounted my biggest one with a bite out of his ear, shaped nicely like a k9 mouth LOL. He asked if I wanted a new ear, and I said no. I wish I knew the story behind it. It was all healed up.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

I would leave it alone.

-john
Old 08-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

don't have a problem fixing tines I have had it done before...
I am not so much a purest that a deer has to be the way he was killed.. I almost had a shot at a a big 8pt last year that had a big wad of orange baler twine in his rack , there is no way I would mount him like that.. I know guys who would though..