Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Justifying a bad shot >

Justifying a bad shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Justifying a bad shot

Old 07-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't seen it, not sure I want to.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Me neither, but I've read a lot of posts about it on several websites and it's about 99% negative just like here. This is the whole problem now where hunting is an "industry" to seel shows and products, rather than what it was when I was growing up many decades ago and all we had was a few great writers to rely on for knowledge and entertainment. Now every Moe, Larry, and Curlly is out there making TV shows and/or youtube videos and a good share of them flat out suck! If this guy is saying to do anything other than to wait for a good shot where you can tuck the aroww in close behind the shoulder blade for a double lung lights out shot in a few seconds, then he has no business saying anything!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-31-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Me neither, but I've read a lot of posts about it on several websites and it's about 99% negative just like here. This is the whole problem now where hunting is an "industry" instead of what it was when I was growing up many decades ago and all we had was a few great writers to rely on for knowledge and entertainment. Now every Moe, Larry, and Curlly is out there making TV shows and/or youtube videos and a good share of them flat out suck! If this guy is saying to do anything other than to wait for a good shot where you can tuck the arrow in close behind the shoulder blade for a double lung lights out shot in a few seconds, then he has no business saying anything!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-31-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!!! I really like that show, BUT?

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
Some people can justify anything, for the right price.

yup .
Old 08-13-2014, 03:46 PM
New Sheriff

That guy should not have a show where he is giving hunting advise.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:01 AM
DCA
Spike

I wonder if he is justifying a bad shot, or if he really believes in it?

I read an article a couple years ago from an outfitter in a midwest state. They encourage their clients to take gut shot. It's the bigger target. They had a 100% recovery on the gut shot deer. They would just wait 12-24 hours before tracking.. Interesting read but I would never purposefully shoot a deer outside of the lungs/heart/kidney!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:05 AM
DCA
Spike

I do understand the worry of hitting shoulder though. I've lost more deer than I care to say in my first few years of bowhunting due to shoulder shots. I think the best shot placement is quartered away. If I can bust through the back side of that wall that separates the guts from vitals, Thats what I prefer. Dead animal within 30 seconds!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

That's because he's back peddling now.Earlier,He did in fact say he had no problems hitting a deer through the intenstines since he's using a big mechanical.The guy is a tool that gives every ethical hunter a bad name.Did you watch the actual show?He intentionally shot the der low in the guts and tried to pass it off as a liver hit.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found the "part 1" and I would agree that illustration is horrible advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.