Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Making switch from Single to Twin >

Making switch from Single to Twin

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Making switch from Single to Twin

Old 06-23-2014, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Making switch from Single to Twin

Comments welcome from anyone who made the switch from a single cam bow to a twin cam bow. Good, any problem, hard to tell?
Old 06-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default On second thought...

I'm going to stay away from deciding on cams, pro or con.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since it was a unique occurrence to see this type of post from you, old timer, I'll definitely give it a fair shake...

I'm a twin cam lover. Started shooting a recurve over 20yrs ago, still have the bow, kill some carp with it on occasion. Borrowed a Mathews for a few seasons, then learned a little about twin/dual/binary cams. Found a used Oregon bow, built in the early 80's. Went through a Mathews target bow, hoyt cam and a half, then found my way back to a Bowtech. Picked up a Mathews Monster after that, and a cheap Barnett Vortex bowfishing twin cam bow. Had a Mathews solocam, then a z7, and of course that cam & 1/2, and I've worked on a bunch of other bows in the meantime, pretty big fan of the Diamond Outlaw single cam for a budget friendly hunting bow... But I always come back to binary/dual/twin cam bows... Drooling over a Mathews Monster Chill R these days, just can't justify spending that coin for a bow that doesn't up the ante over what my current bows can do...

Personal preference really. The draw isn't as smooth on an aggressive binary/twin/dual as a solo cam can be, but the advantage is more speed, level nock travel, and very easily managed timing.

So based on our history, I suppose my preference of binary/twin/dual cam bows will send you running to a solo cam, but the decision is ultimately yours...
Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Bartender

To keep it simple I'm staying with my single cam Diamond Iceman FLX.