Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow length

Old 06-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow length

I ordered a couple arrows and they turned out to be 3/8ths " shorter then my other 3 arrows. They are all the same brand, model and setup the same. Will 3/8ths " make a difference in weight or flight?

Thanks
croc2116
Old 06-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably shouldn't unless the spine is right on the edge. For weight consider that if your arrows weigh like 9 gpi then 3/8" will only mean 3 grains difference. I'll be wiling to bet your field points vary more than that so I wouldn't be too concerned about the shafts.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks BGFisher
Old 06-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Spike

Hey guys, couldnt really find where to put this but i have some 400 bloodlines with 85 grain field points, they shoot perfect however i got some 100 grain broadheads and my arrows are shooting about 5 inches low and 3 inches right, every time, i keep getting inch size groups with both F.Ps and B.Hs just in different places. i have paper tuned and walk back tuned with the F.Ps and fiddled with the rest but to no avail. by the way im shooting a #57 compound and my draw lenth is 29".

Any help will be great
Thanks - Jack
Old 06-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are not looking sometimes with short arrows. Your fingers can get in the way an make contact with your broadheads.