Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrows again

Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Spike

Default arrows again

So a couple of weeks ago i asked about deer crossing archery and the owner actually took time to respond to me. i haven't pulled the trigger on getting them yet like i planned on but i think i am soon. before i do i was looking for some reviews that anybody had. Does anyone know if they are worth $50? they are 100% carbon and i ran into some guys shooting them that said they were very straight and really strong. Just need some reassurance before buying them. is there anyplace to get them other than www.deercrossingarchery.com? some used ones that somebody is selling so i dont have to spend $50 on a dozen?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brimbuster
So a couple of weeks ago i asked about deer crossing archery and the owner actually took time to respond to me. i haven't pulled the trigger on getting them yet like i planned on but i think i am soon. before i do i was looking for some reviews that anybody had. Does anyone know if they are worth $50? they are 100% carbon and i ran into some guys shooting them that said they were very straight and really strong. Just need some reassurance before buying them. is there anyplace to get them other than www.deercrossingarchery.com? some used ones that somebody is selling so i dont have to spend $50 on a dozen?
$50 per dozen is a pretty decent price for carbon arrows... just something to think about.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

My carbons I shoot are $112 a dozen so if your worried about paying $50 a dozen not sure why. Thats a great price and not sure you can even buy aluminum arrows for that anymore. Not any decent ones anyhow. Anyways thats an incredibly good price. Hell I pay $90 a dozen just for my carbon Xbow bolts and their half the size. Good luck
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Spike

What arrows are you shooting? the guys i was talking to were saying that these shot just like their carbon express blue and red streaks. are those good arrows?

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken217
My carbons I shoot are $112 a dozen so if your worried about paying $50 a dozen not sure why. Thats a great price and not sure you can even buy aluminum arrows for that anymore. Not any decent ones anyhow. Anyways thats an incredibly good price. Hell I pay $90 a dozen just for my carbon Xbow bolts and their half the size. Good luck
Old 08-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I personally haven't used them but the guys on archerytalk.com love them.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

DCA does have good prices. Seriously, you're going to be hard pressed to get used arrows for $50/doz.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brimbuster
What arrows are you shooting? the guys i was talking to were saying that these shot just like their carbon express blue and red streaks. are those good arrows?

I shoot CE Blue Maximas. I can tell a big difference between them and cheaper carbon arrows. Don't know about the ones you are talking about, but at $50, I doubt they shoot as good as the CE blue or red. To answer your question, yes, they are great arrows, but they run about $14 to $15 apiece.

Last edited by superstrutter; 08-28-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Random thought:

Does anyone know who winds their shafts? There really aren't THAT many places that actually manufacture carbon shafts, and even fewer that manufacture high quality shafts (part of the process for which is producing a TON of shafts, selling off the culls, and letting someone else throw their brand name on them).

Not saying that DCA's are low quality, I have zero experience with them. I'm just curious as to whom is actually producing them?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I forgot...

I shoot GoldTip Velocity Pro 300's. My "practice arrows" are Gold Tip Hunter XT 7595's or 300's. The Velocity Pro's cost an arm and a leg, I rarely-if ever-shoot groups with them, and I spend a long time walking to find them if I shoot one into the brush. BUT, they are worth it in terms of accuracy (flight regularity from one shaft to the next) and durability (shoot one into a target 1,000+ times and it still rolls straight as the day I bought it).

If you don't have high expectations from your arrows, then you don't need "pro" level arrows. Hunters don't NEED $2000+ bows, don't need heavy barreled rifles or $2000 scopes. Some hunters DO hunt at ranges or conditions that do NEED that level of precision. If you're that person, then you need better than $50 arrows. If the DCA's were equivalent to their competitions high end shafts, then DCA would be charging 3 times as much for their arrows, just like their competitors.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Random thought:

Does anyone know who winds their shafts? There really aren't THAT many places that actually manufacture carbon shafts, and even fewer that manufacture high quality shafts (part of the process for which is producing a TON of shafts, selling off the culls, and letting someone else throw their brand name on them).

Not saying that DCA's are low quality, I have zero experience with them. I'm just curious as to whom is actually producing them?
They say they are "imported" but assembled in the USA. The are rated at .001" tolerance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.