Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrows again

Old 08-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a good buy to me. The ones I shoot run about $175 a dozen
Old 08-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Fork Horn

Always used beman arrows. I bought 12 dozen hand dipped crest for 84.99 on ebay brand new. 6 arrows at stores around here are 49.99 so I think I got a steal.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks for the headsup

Saved it on my carbon arrow computer post. Not in the market right now. But been using less expensive things for years.
Quality is quality, but less is sometimes near enough. And there's an art in finding those. And someone always buys the top of the line. And I welcomed that, even if it wasn't me.

Last edited by Valentine; 08-30-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Spike

So I got some arrows from DCA. I ended up getting some SD hunters for my elk trip that i just got back from and some regular hunters for whitetail season.

These are NOT cheep arrows by any means that i've noticed. They are just inexpensive.

I think a good shooter can group some cheep walmart arrows good at 20 yards, but 35, 40 50 ect, is where you start to realize that they are not that great. I have my DCAs sighted in for over 60 yards and they still fly like a dart. I don't see anything with the arrow that wouldn't make it well over $100 a dozen.

They fly right out of my bow. It feels right. it might not for others, but I know that my bow sure shoots them great. I'm not ever going to pay more when I can get just as good quality for less. Thanks Deer crossing!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Spike

I bought a dozen a few months ago, price was great and they shoot as good as I do. I normally shoot Bemans and they shoot as good to me.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:08 AM
DCA
Spike

Hi BrimBuster, I'm the Sales Manager for Deer Crossing Archery.

I'm glad you liked the arrows and I hope you had good success with them through out the span of the season. I was searching around some forums and I came across this thread.

To anyone else who was interested in getting some new arrows, I would suggest checking out Deer Crossing Archery. We have a very broad selection of arrows and we try to meet the needs of everybody. Like BrimBuster mentioned before, we have some SD Hunters which are our smaller diameter heavy arrows. We offer custom work on all of our arrows except our ECO Hunters which are coming in at $50 a dozen with inserts, nocks, and pre fletched.

We have Targets, LD targets, and xbow arrows. Shaft options also for those who like to do their own work.

DCA is truly at the intersection of quality and economy. HERE is the link to all of our arrows, and if anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot me an email or PM. [email protected].

Also, save 10% on any orders by using the discount code Jesse10!

I hope this message doesn't come across as "Spam". I seen that there was some talk about my company so I felt the need to address the folks and offer some more information.

Thanks for your time fellas!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Like others are saying here, $50 for a dozen carbon arrows is a heck of a deal....hope you like them!

I have given them some thought in the past but then heard they were made over seas somewhere. I shoot Gold Tip Kinetics 300"s and they are $113 for bare shafts...would be nice to spend half that lol then again I feel you get what you pay for in the end.

Last edited by TheHardWoods913; 06-10-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can get Goldtip shafts on ebay 4 the same price with free shipping. I think I would go with the GT's

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought DCA arrows last year and I'm not much of a fan now that I've had them a while. I had the fetching come loose on a couple. A couple others the fletching was pulled off and the carbon came off with it. The worst part is I've had several split on the end and it was not by abusing them. I do think they fly well but these are NOT a tough arrow.I've never had other arrow split as easily as these have. I will not buy any more.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having the same straightness and weight tolerance specifications as competitors high end shafts seems all well and good, but shoot them into a block 5 or 10 times, or skip one off the top of a target, then measure your straightness... It becomes very apparent why some "pro" shafts with 0.01" tolerance cost more than others, AND why those shafts have high reputations. I've gone through a lot of shafts, and I'm not at all saying that DCA doesn't turn out a great hunting shaft at an affordable price that almost makes me want to convert to buying lower grade shafts and replacing them 3x as often, but when it comes to running arrows a lot of shots on target through an aggressive cam bow, you really do get what you pay for in terms of arrow life and resiliency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.