Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ? >

Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

Old 09-24-2003, 10:08 AM

Default Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

I am thinking very hard about getting some Zeiss Binocs...... 10X42

I just wanted to hear some opinions from anyone in here using one of these three brands.............
Old 09-24-2003, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

If your looking at the Classic C in Cabelas for $650 you can' t beat it. I purchased a pair last year and they are great. The Sworovski is not worth double the price.

CN

Old 09-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have used all three and would rank them as follows:

1. Swarovski~ Clearly the brightest, best optics of the bunch. A little on the heavy side, but not to the point of being cumbersome

2. Zeiss 10x42, I have used the classics in a 10x42. They had good, clear optics, and were fairly light. Not quite as clear as the Swarovskis

3. Steiner~ A distant third. Compare them with either of the above, side by side, and you will see a myriad of reasons why.

Don' t rule out Leicas too, they are right up there with Swarovskis, but I would end up going Swarovski.

Old 09-24-2003, 11:51 AM

I have a pair of Zeiss 7x42 classic and they' re awesome........also used several of a friend' s other Zeiss models and Leica' s .......but none of them are as good as his Swaravski' s !! I think the Swaravski' s he has are real expensive.......but they' re definately the best I' ve seen !!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:22 PM

I' ve got a pair of 10x42 Swarovski' s and have never given the ($959.00) price tag a second thought! One of my best investments yet. I tried them against all of the above mentioned bino' s and these won hands down. I don' t like any bino' s that have the eye focus piece on the eye cup, I find that I am always knocking it out of wack. The Swarvoski' s are bullet proof.
If you don' t mind where the eye adjustment if located, i would not overlook Pentax. They make a great pair of glasses for the money.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swarovski' s are the best but for the buck, the Zeiss Classic' s are the best deal out on the market right now, and Cabelas still have some left. Steiners are good but not nearly worth their price.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:15 PM

Just wait, later this fall Zeiss is releasing an entirely new line of Binocs that are gonna be THE best in the industry (in the world of " less than $500" binocs!) The Bushnells, Nikons, WindRiver, Steiner, Pentax etc will be eating dust. I have Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica and Steiner optics all together (various " tools" ranging from binocs to scopes and rangefinders). Comparing Zeiss with Swarovski/Kahles is a rough one (Leica likewise) as they are all FINE optics in a class all their own. But all the others are " also rans" when compared to these " best of the best" .

The classic Zeiss' are still ahead of Brunton, Bushnell, Nikons etc... but they arent on the same level as Swarovski' s ELs or even Zeiss' own Victory. Technology has simply caught up with them. For the money you would be better to spend several hundred more and get the 8x40 Victory with the additional " tripler" and have what amounts to a world class pair of binoculars AND spotting scope all in one. But either way you go, you will still end up with a worldclass set of glasses that are more than capable in any hunting environment.

Next question... is your scope up to the task of finding what your new binocs will?
RA
Old 09-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

RedAllison, the triplers and doublers are a great concept, sound good, but nearly everybody that uses them for a while comes back and says the same thing: I would rather just have them separate than to keep changing them back and forth. Plus the little gadgets aren' t cheap.

Zeiss' s new bino' s will be a big hit, great quality at a lower price. Leica is also coming out with a new line of binos, I beleive called the Ultravids, which will be very light and as good quality optics as the rest of there $1000+ lines and still be in the $800 range. There are a lot of new optics coming out, and I think the manufacturers are trying to get into the lighter, lower-price, but still with awesome optical quality.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2003, 02:12 PM

If I am going to pay $800, by darn is going to be for a new bow, not optics!!
Outdoor Life rated the Bushnell Legends w/Rainguard a " Best Buy" next to these guys. I saw them on the web for $72. Buy them and you can get you a new Bowtech Dually or Matthews LX with them for the same price.

Quick Reply: Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.