Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about New Mathews.... LX and Legacy or any mathews with Roller Gaurds.. >

Question about New Mathews.... LX and Legacy or any mathews with Roller Gaurds..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about New Mathews.... LX and Legacy or any mathews with Roller Gaurds..

Old 09-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question about New Mathews.... LX and Legacy or any mathews with Roller Gaurds..

I was told that if i put anything on my string besides the nock point, that the string will go TOO far foward due to inertia and hit the roller gaurd or something and cause my serving to fray and break... I guess its happened to alot of guys and Mathews INC. had them send a bow in and they put it under there SLOW cam and noticed the string went farther forward with all the accesories on the string, (silencers, kisser button, peep sight, ECT...)

Anyone hear of this????
Old 09-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about New Mathews.... LX and Legacy or any mathews with Roller Gaurds..

By the way, this came from the Pro SHop in RICE LAKE, North of DULUTH MN... if anyone knows where that is...
Old 09-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about New Mathews.... LX and Legacy or any mathews with Roller Gaurds..

my LX has a nock, a kisser button, and a peepsight. and its fine. no complaints whatsoever
Old 09-17-2003, 07:17 PM

my LX has a peep and string loop, no problems yet.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

My legacy has a nock setup and a peep sight and i have never had a problem.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

So is the PROSHOP owner pulling my leg?
Old 09-19-2003, 01:07 PM

LX with a peep and string loop. No problems to date, just shootin' bullet holes and ready to bust a deer.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:51 PM

Your pro-shop guy is full of it!!

Your serving can fray there but it isn' t do to accessories ! It has to do with inadequate pressure on the rollers .......allowing the string or cable to ride up off track during the shot!Can be ....just a little string stretch......can be something else . If yours starts doing it I would take it to another shop or e-mail Mathews !!
Old 09-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

A couple thousand arrows and nothing has happened to the serving in or near my rollers. It makes me wonder how this guy can stay in business???[>:] Put a nock, a D Loop, a kisser, a peep, string spiders or whatever you want. It won' t hit the roller guard.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:11 PM

I ordered a Winners Choice Sting and Cable for my LX and it came with a letter from Winners Choice stating that they would not warranty the string unless you would atler the roller guide by taking a piece of fine grid emery cloth and taking the sharp edge off the rear of the roller guide. They stated in the letter that this occured mainly with high preformance set ups. I sent it back but that tells me there could be a problem there. I personally have been shooting my LX for months and no problems with the Zebra that came stock. Also heard that some people were having a problem with keeping a kisser on the bow due to contact. Again Im shooting a kisser and have not had any problems.

Quick Reply: Question about New Mathews.... LX and Legacy or any mathews with Roller Gaurds..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.