logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Typical Buck

Default Old PSE FireFox crossbow

Hey guys,i figured i would ask if anybody has any info or knowledge on a PSE FoxFire crossbow. i bought one for 50$ bucks. this thing is clean. the limbs and string are in great shape as well.. ive seen them before in rough shape but never knew anything about them. im guessing the bolts that i got with the bow are actually what bolts that came with the bow?? the knocks have the PSE name on them..im guess its at least 20 years old?? what do u guys think..was it worth it
Team 12 - Wingbone warriors (spr.Turkey 2009)
Team 10- Nock em Dead- (bowhunt 11-12) Capt.

Last edited by reds10ss; 11-09-2011 at 02:45 PM.
reds10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Nontypical Buck

I actually used one of those last year in the first part of the season. I had it sighted in well. Every time I would take it out I had alot of opportunities early on I would miss easy shots. I eventually figured out the sight pin worked itself loose with each vibration of the crossbow. Whether it was just walking or sighting it in. I tried to make the pin as tight as possible but it just kept working itself loose. I just stopped hunting and waited to get my bow back from the shop. If the pin would have stayed tight i think it would have worked ok. Also, I think that x-bow came out in 1974. I would say it probably is closer to 40 years than 20 years. The one I used was my uncles and it looked to be in great shape as well. Just beware of the sight pin issue.

http://american-hunter.com/amhunter/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 11-10-2011 at 05:46 AM.
ManofTheFall is online now   Reply With Quote