Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
OH Nuisance Permit >

OH Nuisance Permit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OH Nuisance Permit

Old 02-18-2017, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another 6 year old thread resurrected !
Old 02-18-2017, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by niehenke
Fellow hunters, it has been a while since I have been on this site. I moved a few times and then worked on my man cave. I will have to post the pics with last year's big 11pt. with a 21.25" inside spread. Well, that was my catch up. I have over 200 acres of land to hunt BUT one individual has a nuisance permit and is grossly diminishing the herd. I was told that the person took "over a dozen and a half" this year alone. You ask why I still hunt and the answer is that the deer that are left are 150 class. Years after years of this occuring, the wise bucks have found a way to live in the area. Last year, I found several deer with poor rifle shot placements, which is really depressing. To make matters worse, last year a shot was within 80 yards of me as I was walking back to my vehicle with bow in hand and spotlight on me. I made a few comments but nothing changed. I certainly have many options but wanted to know the law before making a decision. Suggestions welcome and good luck to all.
I used to "kill" deer on a farm in western new York legally but it was does only the deer did a tremendous amount of damage to this guy's crops it's not hunting it's just killing basically I would spotlight his fields and if there were any deer eating the crops I'd get out turn on my scope mounted light and walk up to them and shoot.this was all done thru the dec and legal not sure what your situation is there?
Old 02-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The One Question; When to move

I never looked at a site as permanent. Few have unchanging control over a herd or fishing hole. Hunters should scout for backup areas that year. Worked for me many times. It may seem a waste of time, but sometimes changes in the area come suddenly. Hunters should be ready for change.

Fishing provided a good example to me. While I recouping from a foot injury, I avidly fished the one hole, then a tremendous hole. But when I got well, I started spreading out. Many times I stopped to say hello and move on to new, but not proven areas. It was a risk and I wasted time to many.
Then a year or two when I returned , all my fishing buddies were gone. I noticed the ol hole had started to fill in drastically. I missed my ol buddies, and I went on to fish my over ten spots. Their hole, my former hole, was gone. I never saw where they fished the river again.

My change of fishing spots hadn't been wasted. I had a whole bunch of new places to catch trout. Their ol fishing hole was gone. They must have thought finding a new place was a waste of time.