Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Laws regarding bows in the States >

Laws regarding bows in the States

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Laws regarding bows in the States

Old 07-30-2003, 02:25 AM

Default Laws regarding bows in the States

Do you guys have laws regarding owning a bow in the States? In Australia we are getting more and more guns taken off us which I think is crap but that' s beside the point.

Currently we don' t have any legal requirements regarding owning bows or crossbows but the government is working on it[>:][:@][:' (]. (well I don' t know of any laws as yet)

I' m just worried that one day (probably sooner compared to later) I won' t be able to enjoy my favourite hobbies, hunting and archery.[:' (][:' (]

Do you guys in the States have problems like this in the near future?

I also read about how you have open season and closed season for deer and other game, does it suck having laws that only allow you to hunt at certain times? Or have I got my wires crossed on this subject. I' m sure I ' d think my life was over if it ever turned that way in Australia, but I' m positive it will oneday. At the moment if I feel like going hunting pigs or deer or whatever I just grab my bow and head for the hills no matter what time of year and that is cool. (Ahhh... sweet Australia)

Catchya round da ridges,
Stalkin' Steve
Old 07-30-2003, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Laws regarding bows in the States

No laws that I know of, except some cities group them with firearms for the purpose of stopping people from shooting in their backyard.

As for future laws? some idiot will get elected to office who wishes to introduce a bill outlawing them just to stop hunting... probably
Old 07-30-2003, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

we got plenty of gun laws and I know a few states have restrictions on what can be sold through the mail, but for the most part archery gear is pretty much unregulated and I sure hope it stays that way!
Old 07-30-2003, 10:53 AM

I also read about how you have open season and closed season for deer and other game, does it suck having laws that only allow you to hunt at certain times?
Not at all!!! I couldn' t imagine nor want a year long deer season. Just doesn' t seem right - and the deer need a break
Old 07-30-2003, 11:02 AM

and the deer need a break
Not to mention our WIVES / Girlfriends[]

Ive heard about the stuff going on in Australia. Someone needs to open up a season on AUSSIE politicians [:@][&:]
Old 07-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

No ownership laws but of course u have to meet requirments with them to hunt legaly.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-30-2003, 06:48 PM

In Arkansas you can hunt hogs year around. You can also go bow fishing any time.
Like the others, I don' t think I would like year around deer hunting. Right now the anticipation of deer season is exciting. In a couple of weeks the stores will start stocking hunting goods, pre season scouting starts, and then there' s opening day of season. YeeHaww!
I can' t believe you don' t have an opening day of hunting season. " God Bless the USA!" [:-]
Old 07-30-2003, 09:46 PM

Someone needs to open up a season on AUSSIE politicians
Hell Yeah!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 10:19 PM

Hey Stalkin,
Nice to hear from down under. We have seasons primarily to keep the game population at controllable levels. If you could hunt year round here, the wildlife would already be extinct. With that in mind, I don’t think that any red-blooded American hunter minds the seasons at all. I know that many would like to see the seasons extended. Seasons are regulated individually by each state. Bow season, for the average, and I am guessing, for whitetail deer they run from around Oct. to Jan. Gun seasons are very short, speaking from my two states that I know about, are only 2/3 weeks. Belive me that is plenty enough time to thin the herds. Then you add on muzzleloader season, and special hunts which are usually a few days.
As for our guns, that is one of many founding reasons that this country got started some 200 years ago. And when they try to take that from us they will have one hell of a fight on there hands. But fortunately I don’t think that I will see that in my life time. At least I surely hope not. All of us (hunters/gun owners) have a huge say, via VOTE, in who makes the laws that prevent us from losing those Unalienable Rights, if you will.
Email me anytime if you want to get into it more extensively. I would love to here some hunting stories and the such from Australia.

Quick Reply: Laws regarding bows in the States

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.