Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scent free bug spray >

scent free bug spray

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent free bug spray

Old 07-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default scent free bug spray

Is there anything u can use that doenst smell funny for hunting . Here in Pa u will get eaten alive without something to repell the blood thirsty misquitos. so I was wondering if anyone knew a brand of bug repellant that is BOWHUNTER friendly.

thanks
Old 07-15-2003, 02:25 PM
nub

Default RE: scent free bug spray

It all stinks if you ask me. I use a bug net and gloves in early season and pray for frost.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:28 PM

I agree I wouldn' t trust any of that stuff when I hunt. I don' t have to deal with skeeters but I have a few ticks in my woods

get a suit or grin and bear it
Old 07-15-2003, 02:32 PM
nub

NO SKEETERS? [] What? Do you wait til Dec. to hunt? Must be nice. I thought skeets were all over the place.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:37 PM

We have so many ticks that they have eaten all the skeeters by October
Old 07-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

One of my hunting partners scouted our elk unit this past weekend and placed a healthy mineral lick. Any time we were out of my truck we were in a perpetual cloud of mosquitoes. Of course we weren' t smart enough to have taken a bug spray with us.

Vowing to correct this for the future I checked on another message board.

There are several products available but the one getting the most votes and most highly recommended iS OFF ' DEEP WOODS. My local super market had it in two ways. The standard 6 oz spray can and a smaller 1 oz non pressureized spray that will tuck easily in any daybag. And it is listed as good for 10 hours.

Each was $5.49 but we had a $1.00 off store coupon . . . so I purchased both. I don' t ever want to walk in another cloud of mosquitoes.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did somebody say my name!!!!!!!!!

We have our share of bugs that bite up here. I used the " Deep Woods Off No Scent" last fall/this spring for bear and it has minimal smell. I did notice that the smell wore off in only a few minutes and it didn' t seem to spoke the game any. I hunt on the ground mostly in the early bow season which leads to lots of bugs and if I smelt to the game they would tell me...which they did not.

I also have a bugtamer suit, but sometimes it is so to warm to wear it and my camo which I have to worry about a much worse scent.

Another product we used is fly dope, but I can' t find it anymore. It has no scent and works well, if you can find the stuff.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

This turkey season I treated my clothes with tick repellant. I used Repel with Permanone (permethrin). Once the stuff dries on your clothes it lasts for weeks and is supposed to be scentless. Of course, just because you can' t smell it, doesn' t mean it won' t spook a whitetail, right? Well, I had a half dozen deer walk up to about 25 yards down wind of me. They hung out for a good 5-10 minutes to feed before one of them busted me. This stuff works on mosquitos too, but you can' t use it on your skin, so any exposed areas are still mosquito bait...
Old 07-16-2003, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

THERMACELL
Old 07-16-2003, 10:15 AM

supposedly garlic pills work good, i don' t know the bugs don' t really bother me that much i don' t know why maybe i so use to them , i have a swamp behind my house,i just don' t notice em!

Quick Reply: scent free bug spray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.