Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

peep sight tube

Old 06-30-2003, 09:14 PM

Default peep sight tube

I keep breaking my peep sight tube. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for tubeless peepsights they can trust?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: peep sight tube

Try using armour-all protectant on the rubber, it seems to keep it from cracking by not letting it dry out. Otherwise I use a shurz-a-peep, no tubing but sometimes the string gets in the way but you can still see through it.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:11 PM

cottonfarmer,

I highly recommend the Timberline No-peep w/kisser button. It takes a little getting use to but will improve your form (prohibits torque). I have used it for over a year now and only glance at when I' m at the range and rarely look at it in the field.

Hope this helps.
jt
Old 06-30-2003, 10:23 PM

Id get away from the tube and go to a True-Peep, then install a string loop, the loop can be turned the same as your peep and will always turn your peep to your eye. If you are shooting a bow with a zebra string you can get the peep " trained" to turn to your eye with repitition and shooting. Getting rid of the tube will also make your bow quieter because the tube isnt flapping around when you shoot.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anoter vote for the NO-PEEP--extends shooting time & shows any hand torque plus it gives you a consistant anchor--IT WORKS!
Old 07-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Banned

I agree with Angus, The True-Peep is a great, non-tube Peep. I would also recommend that ya put on a string loop. If ya dont then the peep wont turn to your eye every time.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

NO-PEEP--extends shooting time & shows any hand torque plus it gives you a consistant anchor--IT WORKS!
That' s not entirely true. Let me first say that I use a no-peep and have found it to be a great piece of equipment. It is true that the no-ppep will bring you to a consistant anchor point within 1/32 of an inch. But the peep will only show eye-to peep relationship. Your eye will be aligned in the same position to the peep everythime. As far as hand torque, this is what the peep will do. If you are torquing the bow when you set up the peep, the peep will bring you back to the same amount of torque everytime as long as you keep your anchor exactly the same. If you are torquing the bow more moe then ussual after the peep is set up, the peep will show this difference. So, the key is to setup the peep with absolutely no torque at all, which is somewhat difficult to do. Torquing the bow is not something that many people do consciously. I have also found that if I bring the string back to my anchor and the peep is not aligned exactly, you can either move your anchor slightly (eye position) or torque the bow slightly to bring the peep back into place. So all I am trying to say is the the no-peep is not the end all of any torque problems.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get your self a winners choice string and a true peep , problem solved .
Old 07-01-2003, 01:49 PM

I wouldn' t shoot a peep with a tube again. I had the tube style peeps and had started hating them due to the problem of the tube popping off. You don' t need a winners choice string to have any problems with a peep rotating. I have the regular zebra twist string on my bow and have no problems.