Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Contain Scent Control Hunting Clothing-Does it really work? >

Contain Scent Control Hunting Clothing-Does it really work?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Contain Scent Control Hunting Clothing-Does it really work?

Old 06-04-2003, 01:47 PM

Default Contain Scent Control Hunting Clothing-Does it really work?

I am looking at the new Contain hunting clothing for early season bow hunting. This stuff just seems too good to be true. It keeps its scent eliminating deodorant forever according to the ad, even after washing, and is significantly lighter weight than carbon suits and cheaper. I just was interested if anyone new if this stuff really works and if it lasts. It is very hot here in early bow season and bugs are a problem, I thought this Contain Cool Max clothing in combination with a mesh bug suit might be my best bet for coolness, camo, and bug deterent. I' m open to suggestions.[8D]
Old 06-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Contain Scent Control Hunting Clothing-Does it really work?

ive been wondering the same. anyone? its been out a couple seasons now and seems cheaper than scent loc.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a couple Contain garments 2-3 years ago
and IMO I' ve now got a couple of $45 ' t-shirts' .
Does not even belong in the conversation when
mentioning Scent-lok, Supprescent, & ScentBlocker.

If you' re interested in scent containment clothing,
spend the extra $20-25 for each piece and buy
a quality liner suit. If you stay away from the
camo outerwear the price isn' t too bad.

TB
Old 06-04-2003, 09:14 PM

Here' s what I do. I learned it a couple of years ago on another forum. It works great. Wash your hunting clothes in sent free soap or detergent. After it finishes, reset your washer to the rinse cycle an pour a generous amount of baking soda.
I use a small box of the cheap soda that wal-mart sells. Bout 25 cents a box.
Run the rinse cycle. As it rinses, the baking soda granules embed into the frabric.
After the rinse cycle is over, HANG the clothes to dry. This way the soda stays in the frabric. Then put them away til time to use. It works really well. I see more deer and they come in close. I wash everything, gloves, face mask, socks, everything. Then I store them in one of those plastic storage boxes.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:17 PM

I seen a one piece scentlock suit in cabelas, Well it was a one piece liner suit, I was wondering if it would work just as well as the more exspensive outer suit. I was thinking about wearing it under my outer clothing. I' t was only 150 buck' s. What do you all think?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

LittleRhody, you can buy a Scent-lok top & bottom
for around $65-70 each. I think it would be more
comfortable than the ' body suit' ...especially if
nature calls[].

IMO, the liner suit should be the first item purchased
if you decide to go with scent containment clothing.
I' m a firm believer in charcoal lined suits, and they
definitely help with scent control, but some of
the prices I see on the camo outerwear are
a little much.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:19 PM

I' m sorry I' m wrong, It' s a two piece liner suit, Why would you need a liner if your going to use scent blocker outer wear? Is it because useing two layers is better then one? Im really interested in buying something, But hate to spend $300 on more clothing when I could use other things like( new arrows, broadheads, ) I heard you can buy a chemical suit at a army surplus store and it works as good it' s lined with charcoal. What do you think?
Old 06-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bought one of those army surplus suits and they are heavy to wear. i think they were meant to be for one time use. i tried washing them but if you put it in the dryer you will get the carbon dust all over the place.i think quality cloths is worth it. try buying a piece at a time. the one scent loc garment i love is the hood type face mask. its a little much on a hot day but i think the most odor comes from your hair and breathe.also bottom line is a know many hunters and friends who are sucessful and smoke in the stand. its all about using the wind and stands that are in favor of it.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:32 PM

I have been using the shirts for about 3 seasons. They seem to work pretty well in conjunction with a good spray-down of scent elimination spray and a scent free shower. I' ve had deer, bears and coyotes come down wind while wearing it. They don' t stick around long, but even with my other scent control garments they know something is wrong. I guess if I was going to spend the money again, I would spend the extra 40 bucks and buy the Scent Lok Savana pull-over and pants. Hope this helps. Good luck. TGK
Old 06-05-2003, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Botkin

It is very hot here in early bow season and bugs are a problem, I thought this Contain Cool Max clothing in combination with a mesh bug suit might be my best bet for coolness, camo, and bug deterent. I' m open to suggestions.[8D]

I think the contain would be good under the bug suit for comfort....The rope mesh in the bug suit is slightly irritating to the bare skin when youre hot and sweaty(under arms and inside thigh areas.)...I would like to try the contain under garments for moisture control & comfort but would use scentless soaps, washing powder and scent eliminator spray for my scent control........Hanging my hunting clothes outside where thay can take on the natural outdoors smell works good for me.

Quick Reply: Contain Scent Control Hunting Clothing-Does it really work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.