Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help! one lung hit deer maybe? >

Help! one lung hit deer maybe?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help! one lung hit deer maybe?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Spike

Default Help! one lung hit deer maybe?

i shot a deer in one lung we think. blood everywhere. we found a spot where had bedded with atleast 2 pints of foaming blood. we jumped him we think. so we came back the next morning and kept trailing for about half a mile. no deer. do you think we lived or died a few days later? whats the odds of finding him later....?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

alwaz sum gung ho person leavin ded deer out there..unacceptable..foamin at the mouth lol, he didnt go far
Old 10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
alwaz sum gung ho person leavin ded deer out there..unacceptable..foamin at the mouth lol, he didnt go far
We looked for him for hours... the blood just stopped. we looked and looked and looked.. i dont get how he couldve went so far and we didnt find him.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

he is prolly 50 yards or less from where the blood ran out!! take su friends..prolly still find blood, make a push
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

A one lung hit deer can live for a while. I have witnessed them live for 24 hrs. If you push them you could lose the deer. Also, I have gutted a deer that only had one functioning lung. When I opened her up her right lung was deflated. Found where an arrow had cut the back end. Ur deer could still be running around, but I would get some buddys together and do a body search. It is most likely dead.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

the deer is dead...no deer will live with one lung...eventually it will fill up with blood and suffocate..hes dead and probably not far from where you stopped looking
Old 10-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Katerax is wrong, a deer can live with one lung. However the chances are that the one you shot is dead. Most deer shot in one lung do die, but they can run a long long ways if pushed. The more people you have looking the better your chances are of finding it.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know of deer that made it with one lung just like a human can they do not have the stamina that they have with two lungs. But, it is possible for one to survive. I would do a good check the next day an if no luck. You may see the deer later.