Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Nova

Old 10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default PSE Nova

What do yall think of the PSE Nova? it peaks out at 50 pounds, I think im going to be hunting with it. any advice tips? will it even kill a deer with just 50 pounds? will the arrow fly slow? I like it better than my bowtech samson because its easier alot easier to pull and the samson is already droped to 60(lowest it will go) and I move too much when i pull the samson but with the nova its pretty smooth(iv never hunted or shot the nova just pulled it) ima put a whisker biscuit with small fletchings

Thanx
Old 10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Spike

Default Nova

I love the PSE nova. I've been hunting for 2 years with the bow and just got my first buck this October. I have mine adjusted to 60lbs and it shoots perfect. Great bow for the money.
Attached Thumbnails PSE Nova-100_1743.jpg  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

wow nice! well this one wont go past 50 pounds...
Old 10-29-2009, 03:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you have the same Nova I used to have. Now its my back up bow. When I bought it I didnt realize that it had 60# limbs on it, therefore peaks out between 50 and 55 # Its a great little bow and had harvested many many deer since I bought it back in 2001. It was just time for a upgrade this year and I bought a 2009 Stinger. The reason the Nova is easy to draw is because it sounds like you have the wheel cams on yours as mine does. Now my Stinger has the Single NRG Cam. I love it. Its smooth and easy to draw. I think I may even crank her up a couple more pounds. Right now its sitting dead on 60#. Ive learned my lesson when it comes to buying bows. Make sure you have at least 70# limbs lol.Im not saying that the Nova isnt a good bow cause I loved mine and was very very very reliable and accurate.