Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lone Wolf Sit and Climb Users....FYI >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb Users....FYI

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb Users....FYI

Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lone Wolf Sit and Climb Users....FYI

Let me preface by saying that I have used climbers for a long time and think I know what I'm doing. I recently had an issue with my Sit and Climb where the top section was making quite a bit of noise as I climbed or moved around on the stand.

I called Lone Wolf and one of the first questions the guy on the phone asked me was whether or not I use the sit and climb bar to climb with. Of course, I took the bar off and have been using it as a hand climber. He explained to me that doing this puts pressure on the stand that most likely bent the frame enough to be causing these sort of issues.

But I will say this. Lone Wolf sent me a new top section, within a week in exchange for mine. No questions asked.

Great service from them.

I just thought I'd pass this along to anyone else that may be doing what I was and prevent someone else for having this happen.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Spike

MM - glad to hear lone wolf took care of you....will keep my bar on like regular // question for you - do you use the regular straps or the extra long ones? if it's the long ones - did you have to modify the 'lower' part to let them go back in farther? am trying to not have to carry bothe the long & short ones if i don't have to.......but am doing so will continue if needed.........thanks,,,graham
Old 10-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe some have mentioned on here about taking the bolts the hold the arms to the platform and flipping them around so that the head of the bolt is on the inside, not outside. This will allow the belt to pass through with trouble and let you use the XL belts for even small trees.

I don't know if I got lucky, but my stand came with the XL belts. I haven't flipped mine though as I haven't came across a tree in my area that would warrent it.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Spike

This is funny you posted this because I had my wife get the receipt out for my lone wolf sit and climb because the bottom makes so much noise climbing and even when I'm sitting. This is very ironic. I even tightened the bolts and it seemed to work for a day or so. Then it was back to the same old crickety climbing stand. Thanks for passing this info on. Good luck and shoot straight.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I researched these stands for about a year and was convinced to buy one, I even advocated them to others, until I put my hands on one.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I"m not knocking the stand at all. I feel for me, its simply the best out there. I still have my Summit Cobra X4, but haven't looked at it since I got the Wolf.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never climbed with anything other than a LW Sit And Climb. Don't care to either. In 8 years of using one (I also have an Assault hang on) I've had no issues to speak of. Just use the stand the way it's designed to be used and you're golden. It's the best climber out there, bar none.

Two of my hunting buddies went out and bought a Sit And Climb after trying mine out. There's the best and there's all of the rest!

Last edited by early in; 10-05-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Spike

MM - thanks for the info!!!!
for me - i'm very happy with my LW S&C............and unlike some other stands i really LIKE the big bottom section when i'm in the tree!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I doesn't "matter" to me what others use.....but I am curious...(Having been up in my LW S&C well over 100X in a little over ONE year)

You guys who are detractors of this stand....what are you using....that's "better"?

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty happy with the stand. It's quiet, packs well and is very stable in the tree.

There is however some things I think they should do differently.

1. I believe the top section of the SC should come standard in the new Wide version. I am only 6ft around 190 and I feel a bit confined in the seat, even though I have it pulled tight to the frame.

2. The new seat, although better, still sucks. I put my summit seat on it and its almost perfect.

For the amount of money spent on these stands, they should do the above I think.

Other than that, its an outstanding stand that I really enjoy using.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.