Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new york

Old 10-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Jeez.... Ive been waiting for this since last December!! I cant freakin wait, I wont be getting up there until friday night, and I have to move a stand in the dark.. Hopefully I will be lucky!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

I am so ready. You know what the sad thing is? We get all pumped up for opening day, and some of us ( probably me ) wont even see a deer for the first few days. Last year to only deer I saw, was a small 7 point, a week into the season, So I stuck em, lol. Not a monster by any means, but it was the biggest buck I ever shot.
The weather is looking awesome for this week, 20's and 30's at night, upper 40's to low 50's for highs, and even a chance of a snow flake. I would be happier with an inch or so of snow Saturday,lol, but I know thats wishful thinking.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Spike

I am driving back to new york from west virginia for the opener, and cannot freakin wait, ive been away at college so saturday morning when the sun comes up will be the first time ive seen my stands in the daylight in almost 2 months, hopefully i cleared the lanes good enough
Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Im pumped. There are two scrapes near my stand, both are around 30 yards away. The best part is, they are right on the edge of my shooting lanes. I can't wait. Hopefully luck will be with me. Good Luck to all of you guys on Saturday, hope you all wack a nice one.....
Old 10-14-2009, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default I'm itchin!

Originally Posted by HoytMT2332
Im pumped. There are two scrapes near my stand, ....

Scrapes already! Wow! That is amazing! I can't wait until Saturday! I have two new hunting locations that I haven't had time to research deer for (I did clear shooting lanes) So i'm kind of torn as to hunting old stand-bys or trying one of the new spots.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Spike

i cannot wait! good luck to you all! double lung 'em!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Scrapes already! Wow! That is amazing! I can't wait until Saturday! I have two new hunting locations that I haven't had time to research deer for (I did clear shooting lanes) So i'm kind of torn as to hunting old stand-bys or trying one of the new spots.
IMO, I would try the new spots first, then as the season gets later and you still haven't go one, then I would go the the " old stand buys"

Getting some great weather news for the next few days and into opening day, now they are saying we might get some lite accumulating snow Friday night.... YAAHOOOO!!!! bring it on, lol
Old 10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Scrapes already! Wow! That is amazing!
I was just as amazed as you, Maybe it's the colder weather early. I don't know for sure. But i do know i like the scrapes where they are.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Spike

I went scouting and saw a scrape line I was amazed. It is early for them to really be doing that.

I hunt public land and I just hope nobody found my honey hole, atleast the trail I am standing on.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Spike

I'll be out sat am! maybe snow in southern tier of NY. Winter storm watch tonight!
Can't wait.
I have seen scapes and a few rubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.