Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Which Chair/Stool for Ground Blind Hunting? >

Which Chair/Stool for Ground Blind Hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Chair/Stool for Ground Blind Hunting?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really need to check out that huntmore chair it answers all of the things you just listed It is adjustable in height it is packable and light it is with out a dought the most comfortable you can sit in this baby all day it is super quiet swiveling 360 degrees and you wont have to keep buying a cheap one every year this baby will last you for life.. Walt
Old 09-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I am still searching for a chair that meets all my demands. I will have to check out that huntmore chair. I don't think I've seen that one yet...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

The Huntmore chair is $200. Looks nice, but that is about 4 times what I would expect to pay. I bought a cheap Redhead stool for 12 bucks. I will use it when packing everything in, and take a more comfortable stool to leave when needed for a all day sit.
Good luck with your search,
Chris
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy cow! $200 for a stool to sit on, I think I'll keep shopping!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rammer,

I actually designed the Huntmore stool. Buy 3 or 4 of the other stools for $25.00-50.00, and a few years from now if you have sat in enough of them, you will end up buying a Huntmore. If you want quality - you pay for it!

People told Andrae his treestands were way overpriced (Lonewolf), and 25 years later he has a cult following because they are the best! You get what you pay for man!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

If (a) you are going to leave the blind in the same location on private land for part or all of the season, rarely if ever moving it, and (b) shooting mostly out of windows that compose 180 degrees or so of the blind, I would get yourself a hard plastic lawn chair. One that you can sit comfortably in but be in an alert, upright position ready to release an arrow if necessary. The pros are that they sturdy, comfortable for long sits and silent to move around on. The cons are that they really aren't for dragging along when moving from spot to spot and that you limit your shooting range to in front of you and to the sides. It works well for me in my stationary ground blinds as I typically only have a few windows/shooting lanes open anyway as to not spook the deer. I don't need to turn in every direction typically.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

I hated my Double Bull chair and bought a $9 Wally world chair that is pretty comfy.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=minnesotadeer;3426547] (b) shooting mostly out of windows that compose 180 degrees or so of the blind, I would get yourself a hard plastic lawn chair. One that you can sit comfortably in but be in an alert, upright position ready to release an arrow if necessary.

That sounds good untill your dream buck comes in from the right or left and you can't shoot because the arm of the hard plastic chair is in the way.. I will be in the huntmore and just spin to where I need to shoot and get my buck. $200 sounds crazy but when I add up all the stupid little cheap chairs I have bought in 33 years of hunting I could have bought 2 huntmores by now because you always end up sitting in the cheapy once or twice and pitching it to find something better. You might as well buy the right one first..Walt
Old 09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a website of a co-worker of mine he designed this chair himself. Just give it a look. www.buythechair.com Let me know what you think.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

[quote=stikbow26;3426856]
Originally Posted by minnesotadeer
(b) shooting mostly out of windows that compose 180 degrees or so of the blind, I would get yourself a hard plastic lawn chair. One that you can sit comfortably in but be in an alert, upright position ready to release an arrow if necessary.

That sounds good untill your dream buck comes in from the right or left and you can't shoot because the arm of the hard plastic chair is in the way.. I will be in the huntmore and just spin to where I need to shoot and get my buck. $200 sounds crazy but when I add up all the stupid little cheap chairs I have bought in 33 years of hunting I could have bought 2 huntmores by now because you always end up sitting in the cheapy once or twice and pitching it to find something better. You might as well buy the right one first..Walt
I'm not doubting its a first rate great chair, but I can and have shot over the plastic arms no problem when turning to the side. They also make lawn chairs with no arms that are comfy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.