Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SPOTT HOGG OR G5 SIGHT >

SPOTT HOGG OR G5 SIGHT

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SPOTT HOGG OR G5 SIGHT

Old 05-17-2009, 05:39 PM

Default SPOTT HOGG OR G5 SIGHT

I saw a G% 4 pin sight (3 fixed one adjustable) and REALLY thought it was a nice sight due to being able to dial in longer yardage for practice easily on the 4th pin.. BUT wondering how it does in real conditions. The one I saw was on a guys bow at a shoot... I read a lot of great things about Spot Hogg.....
I like to practice to 80 yards but like the idea of not needing to move pins or have 6 pins....

Id like to hear good / bad about both brands of these high end sights... worth it ???
Old 05-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SPOTT HOGG OR G5 SIGHT

Personally I went with the Spott Hogg Sight over the G5...which was my debate as well. Like the Spott Hogg alot more as it is well made. I went with a .29, .19, .19, .10 sight configuration.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I absolutely love my Spot-Hogg, I'm not sure that I need all the adjustability that the Hunter Hog-it gives me. You could probably do just as good with the Real Deal on a hunting bow, and you'll save about $50, or if you want to shoot to 80 yards take a look at the Seven Deadly Pins. If you get the Spot-hogg make sure that you get one with the wraps, it really makes a difference. Whichever oneyou choose check with MeanV he will get you an awesome deal.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Spot Hogg! Hands down!!

G5 might make my top 10 but they would be way down on that list

Dan
Old 05-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Typical Buck

where does the new nxs octane site fit in that list dan ????
Old 05-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the G5 Optix ME ( 3 fixed pins and 1 floating ) , i was gonna upgrade to a Spot Hogg . I have never had any isues with my G5 and decided i was happy with it , so i stuck with it . The Spot Hogg gets good reviews , but when you concider everybody tells you to get the wrap too , it works out pretty expensive and for what ? . It does the same as my G5 and i get to shoot out to 70yds with the floating pin ( maybe more ) . The G5 is easy to adjust , the floating pins works on clicks and is easy to set . You get Little stickers to attatch to your bow where you write the distance to clicks ... simple . Mine is set at 50yds , 3 clicks 60yds and so on .

If you go for the Spot Hogg , see Dan . Its your choice .
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bailsuk, I actually sell G5 sights also

Oz, not sure where the nxs falls in there since I have not got to put one to the test. From what I've seen I'm sure it will be well made.

Dan
Old 05-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been using a Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it for the last 4 years and won't change anytime soon.You'll be hard pressed to find a nicer sight. I do however like the new Octane sights as well though. I looked at one a few weeks ago and they look a lot like the Hogg's.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

i can't give any feedback on Spott Hogg... never used one... but I love my G5!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own both, however neither with the floating pin option. The Spott Hogg has the wrap. During the Prime hunting times Spott Hogg without question is the winner.

Quick Reply: SPOTT HOGG OR G5 SIGHT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.