Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting from ground blind? >

Bowhunting from ground blind?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting from ground blind?

Old 01-01-2002, 10:31 AM

Default Bowhunting from ground blind?

does anyone here bowhunt from the ground? If so what do you use for a blind? Any hints or tips? thanks.

Check out my drawings and big bucks page on my website. Sign the guestbook too.

www.geocities.com/mvp_bballer/

JC
Old 01-01-2002, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowhunting from ground blind?

I have always hunted from the ground. well the 2 years ive been bowhunting. I usually just set up kinda like a turkey hunter with my back against a tree. its not much but its worked for me. you just have to be sure that when a deer is looking at you not to move. i had to draw on a 4x4 this year at 12yds. we had a stare down for a bit then he went back to eating. he never knew what hit him.
Old 01-01-2002, 12:20 PM

I bought some blind material from walmart and pinned them to trees to block me in and sit in my summit trophy chair. I had two big bucks within 15-20 yards this year but couldn't close the deal. Hunting on the ground is hard, especially when they come from behind you.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:31 PM
Spike

Get yourself a double bull archery I.C.E. blind hands down they are the BEST ground blind out there. I have the gh500 model and it is just fantastic,it takes about 10 seconds to set up has room for two people and their gear,blends in fantastic with the ground cover(especially when you add underbrush to the sides and roof)add a propane heater for when it's cold outside and your hunting out of a cadillac. Ialso got the option of the black backed walls with waterfowl zipper in the roof for duck and goose hunting,with the black backed walls you could do the macarana inside of the blind and a buck would never see you move a muscle.

Timberking }}}---------->
Old 01-01-2002, 01:34 PM
Spike

micdundee,
I went to the Cabelas in Dundee, Michigan back in August and nearly purchased an Ameristep groundblind. Now that the hunting season's almost over, I wished that I had bought one.

I've been climbing trees, since I could climb trees. I guess I'm getting tired of it and/or would like to try something else. I've hunted from the ground, but only using available cover.

There always next year!

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Guns cause crime, like silverware causes Rosie O'Donnell to be fat.