Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where to purchase a bow? >

Where to purchase a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where to purchase a bow?

Old 04-23-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Where to purchase a bow?

I have been using an old Bear for the past 3 years that is probably older than I am. I am going to purchase a new bow, but I am not sure where I should get it for the best price. Is the interent an option or should I get it from Cabelas or a local store?

Any suggestions?
Old 04-23-2003, 12:27 PM

Default RE: Where to purchase a bow?

Alot of people will tell you not to go with the internet, but, lets face it, if you don' t have tons of money, the internet is the way to go (given that you know how to set-up and tune your bow by yourself). If you go through the internet, check out www.eders.com They keep their prices average or below, but, these guys are AMAZING when it comes to customer service. David Eder is one of the nicest guys that you will meet. He cares about the customer and what the customer wants, not about making money at the customers expense.

If you can' t tune a bow and set it up yourself, then, definetly go to a pro-shop. One that has a main focus on archery, that way you know these guys know what they are doing.

I would say try to avoid the big name companies like bass-pro and cabelas. It seems that they aren' t helpful enough and they just dont have time for each customer. (Eders actually called me 2 out of the 3 times I ordered products to make sure it is what I wanted, and make sure it would work)

Whatever your decision, get a bow you like and shoot the crap out of it.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:47 PM

I know what it is like to have a limited budget and wanting the best deal for the money. But, check out the local pro shops in the area. I mean an archery shop that has been in business for a number of years with a good rep.

I like supporting the local guy and the support the local pro shop can provide. If you have a local pro shop that has been in business for several years, it is probably due to competative prices and good service. If any thing goes wrong with the bow, you will be glad to have their support. It may cost more, but sometimes quality service and support is worth a few dollars more.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:59 PM

Ebay
Old 04-24-2003, 04:42 AM

buy it from your local pro shop, it may cost a bit more but the personal service you' ll get is well worth it and you can try a few different ones instead of buying one and having to settle, good luck!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though a part of me agrees with BM regarding some online resources such as Eders I also have to agree with the pro shop comments. Something that alot of folks generally assume is that all pro shops cost more than mail order catalogs like Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc..

That is not true.

I know of at least two local shops that carry their bows and most accessories at the same prices that Cabelas does. I am even aware of two bows in particular that those two shops carry for $50 less than Cabelas.

Plus, with knowledgable pro shops you have someone there to ask questions to or just bounce ideas off of.

Just some things to think about.