Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for an archery store near Norther Virginia that can restring my compound bow >

Looking for an archery store near Norther Virginia that can restring my compound bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for an archery store near Norther Virginia that can restring my compound bow

Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Looking for an archery store near Norther Virginia that can restring my compound bow

I am looking for an archery store near Alexandria Virginia that can restring my compound bow. I have searched all over the internet and cannot find one. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for an archery store near Norther Virginia that can restring my compound bow

Wilcox Bait and Tackle in Newport News is awesome. Might be too far but it is an excellent pro shop. Ask for Tom.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for an archery store near Norther Virginia that can restring my compound bow

NewPort news is about 4 hours away from Alexandria without much traffic on I95-with typical i95 mess, add an hour or more

Try B&B pro-shop in Manassas- They have had a change of ownership recently-considerably for the better according to my buddy back home who has been a customer for many years.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks all.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

NewPort news is about 4 hours away from Alexandria without much traffic on I95-with typical i95 mess, add an hour or more

Try B&B pro-shop in Manassas- They have had a change of ownership recently-considerably for the better according to my buddy back home who has been a customer for many years.
I used to live only a 1/2 mile from B and B archery. Even with the old owners the service was excellent. The old guy that ran the shop was kind and considerate. He offered me many times for free and did little jobs on my bow for next to nothing. I owe him a lot. I haven't been there for years but I will use them in the next couple of years to restring my bow.

If you are having trouble you could take it to bass pro shops in Baltimore, MD or come down to Fredericksburg and Gander Mountain. Both those shops are only 1 hour away from you if you don't choose to use B and B archery in Manassas.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

There use to be a shop on RT 1 called BOWS and ARROWS around where South Kings Highway met RT 1. The last time I was there was a while ago so I don't even know if they are still there. I justed google northern virginia archery shops and got their link....

http://www.bowesandarrows.com/

I really wasn't too please with them the last time, I really didn't like B & B either, so I usually take my bow out to Hoffman Archery on RT 29 in New Baltimore, halfway between Gainesville and Warrenton.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I used to live only a 1/2 mile from B and B archery. Even with the old owners the service was excellent. The old guy that ran the shop was kind and considerate. He offered me many times for free and did little jobs on my bow for next to nothing. I owe him a lot. I haven't been there for years but I will use them in the next couple of years to restring my bow.

Yes, both of the "B"s were EXTREMELY nice folks. I even bought a couple bows from them before I moved up here. My issue was that I saw some extremely wonky bow work out of them and the "knowledge" left something to be desired (saw alot of bad advice and completely wrong answers given). My buddy was constantly having me walk him through fixes to his bow over the phone, had me building his arrows and mailing them to him, and even brought his bow up here to sort it out when they really screwed it up.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

You could cross the WIlson Bridge into Md, take the Beltway to Rt 5 S. Rt. 5 will become 301 S. This will take you to Waldorf. Fred's Sporting Goods will be on your right, just past the Ace Hardware Store. Joe can take care of ya. Probably about a half hour drive from the Wilson Bridge, give or take for traffic.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Here is another one for B and B. I know the current owner and he will treat you right.