Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bambi

Old 01-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bambi

My son, who just turned 3, got Bambi on DVD for his birthday. He LOVES it! So, when I was going out last night to try to get a late season deer he told me "You can't shoot a deer daddy. Just coyotes." Oh man, what did I do???
Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bambi

I think almost every kid goes through this after they watch that movie. It will pass In time.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, I am not worried about it. I just thought it was funny. I love the way a kid's brain works. They are constant entertainment.

I did have him "sighting in" his nerf bow on a big buck picture I cut out of a magazine. He thought that was awesome!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lily told me not to shoot Bambi. "The other deers are ok though daddy, you can pow them"
Old 01-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My daughter loved watching bambi and bambi II. Her only restriction was that I couldn't shoot a "baby", adeer with spots.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunatly Disney has cause alot of people to be anti hunting. And many people believe the wild animals are cute cuddly creatures that frollick in the woods....blah blah.....

Unfortunatly most of the people that see those movies have no tie to the reality of hunting (like your boy does). So they form groups like PETA, ALF, etc.....

Feed him some deer meat he'll get over it.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Unfortunatly Disney has cause alot of people to be anti hunting. And many people believe the wild animals are cute cuddly creatures that frollick in the woods....blah blah.....

Unfortunatly most of the people that see those movies have no tie to the reality of hunting (like your boy does). So they form groups like PETA, ALF, etc.....

Feed him some deer meat he'll get over it.
Funny you said that. We had deer burgers for dinner last night
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 AM

I was different....after I saw Bambi, Fox and the Hound, and some other disney flicks....I remember BEGGING my dad to take me hunting. I must have been some corrupt kid or something.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son used to say, "dad, you can't kill bucks because then the babies will have no daddy!"...my older daughter would then chime in and say, "Jack, there are alot of buck dads, so YES daddy can kill a buck!"
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didnt see bambi till after i knew my dad was a deer hunter and i already had my mind set on being one myslef. I always try to feild judge the bucks when its on

Quick Reply: Bambi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.