Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Last Hunt

Old 01-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default The Last Hunt

Well we're flooded again and it looked like we had at least 15 "trapped" on the farm. Dad ran them off to the back woods, only one way out. I had two choices and I guessed wrong.

Looked good going out, if I had the LW and sticks I ordered, I would have hunted right here[:@]and had a shot at a nice mature buck tonight. Seen 16 deer

Mature buck has moved in, I should have a picture of him. Being my camera was setup near here. I counted at least a dozen fresh Rubs.

Flooding

I ended 2008/2009 season with a smile on my face, even though it was covered with Egg. Mr. Mass wins again

Mr. Mass 2
Germ 0

I hope everyone has a great 2009. I have a pile of work and family business to take care of, so if I am a little slow on PM returns bare with me. My new phone should be here on Friday, so I will be calling a few here. Buckeye and I need to talk about Scouting Camera's

Glad to be part of such a fine group of Hunters, I hope to see a bunch of you again this summer.

Germ
Old 01-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Banned

Default RE: The Last Hunt

Guy I bought my 82nd off of said he was all flooded too....he lives in MI too. Next year you will have good success..u will be the portable hunter
Old 01-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gary you had a great year, with you experiences in a year or so you have enough material for a best selling book.
Then I will be able to say "I knew him before he was famous",andall thatmoney hasn't changed him a bit.

Have a great new year ,Jim
Old 01-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hell of a season Germ.

Are you turkey hunting this year?

You are supposed to be a returning champ
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Always a fun season keeping up with what's been happening to you Gary. Hope your life settles down a little now that you don't have to worry about not being in the stand for a while.

Take care of yourself buddy.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your alright Germ, you've got some excellent knowledge on hunting whitetails. Good luck In 2009 In all aspects of life and In your hunting.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know we'll see you sitting behind Mr. Mass in '09
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think i spotted that GHOST buck behind that rub again [8D]Man you ugly [8D]
Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 PM

Looks like some pretty heavy flooding.The low lying areas aroundthe main farmare all ice right now. As much as I've ever seen in that area. How long does it normally take for the river to recede?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

You too Germ. Great Story and good pics.

Quick Reply: The Last Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.