Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 220" ohio bow kill >

220" ohio bow kill

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

220" ohio bow kill

Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 220" ohio bow kill

Why do people always have to strech their arms away from their body when their holding the deer. Its already a big deer, no need to make it look any bigger. That pisses me off more than anything[:@]

Wayne
Old 12-22-2008, 03:49 PM

The shooter and the buck are both hogs!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Why do people always have to strech their arms away from their body when their holding the deer. Its already a big deer, no need to make it look any bigger. That pisses me off more than anything[:@]

Wayne
I know what you mean. That crap really jars my preserves![:'(]
Old 12-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: teamster284

sorry if a repost but Saw a little "blurb" in the sunday Columbus Dispatch with a picture of a guy and a huge deer. Of course no with it being it is "COLUMBUS" you know trying to shed the cow town image which is BS but anyway i found a little more on it check this out he is huge ! ! ! !

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/95721-huge-ohio-bow-kill-buck.html
Ain't no way he shot that with a longbow. Anybody less than 40 years old knows that it takes a 30" draw, 70# compound bow producing 100+ footpounds of kinetic energy to kill a deer.

Now seriously, that's one heck of a lot of bone.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice deer!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Wayne
I don't think he's trying to make the deer look bigger than it really is, I think he's trying to make the deer the "showcase" of the picture. That deer doesn't need any help to look like a monster. Some of the biggest deer I've ever seen are in the southern part of Franklin County, OH, and I'm from the county that has produced more Record Book Bucks than any of the other counties in this state!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

It is possible that he used a compound bow. This is because of how the state of Ohio determines bows in the game regulations. Either you use a cross bow or a long bow. there is no difference in terminology between the two. as long as it is aligned vertically it is a long bow if it is aligned horizontally it is a crossbow. Just some info about Ohio game regulations and how a newspaper article may misjudge the actual weapon used to harvest the animal.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Spike

Thanks, I was looking forward to such info, what took you so long for sharing it. Hope to see such informative stuff in future
as well.
seo company
Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

what a freak!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Spike

If you do a google search, the guy lied about the "hunt" Payed 12 grand to shoot with a rifle of a preserve. SLime ball!

Mack34

Quick Reply: 220" ohio bow kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.