Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the worst you've ever been Busted? >

What's the worst you've ever been Busted?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the worst you've ever been Busted?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's the worst you've ever been Busted?

Yesterday, I went out with just a pair of Bino's trying to see where I could possible set up on for the late season. I was standing in a finger of woods watching several large fields. I seen some deer coming out of the cornfield, into the hay field, and they start to graze. 7 does.

I ducked down behind a piece of an Old culvert(sp) that had been left above ground years and years ago, probably before my time. All of me that was exposed were my camo hat, binos, and hands holding my binos....

I was watching them from about 250+ yards away.... One of them PEGGED me, stared off an on for quite a few seconds, I actually thought they were gonna to let their guard wn, they would take a bite or two, then return to staring, I havent moved the whole time during this. Then all of a sudden, they decided they didnt like it and off they go, just like I was chasing them. Crazy! I was so far away I dont understand how they could see me that well....?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What's the worst you've ever been Busted?

Busted by the wind?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Busted by the wind?
My guess, also.

Either this.....or they watched you a LOT longer than you're giving them credit for.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Busted by the wind?
My guess, also.

Either this.....or they watched you a LOT longer than you're giving them credit for.
Wind, possible... but I doubt it, there wasnt much of a wind at all really.....

I'd say it VERY possible they could have seen my movement while they were still in the cornfield..... never put much thought into that....
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I did do a small stretch oncebut I was innocent I tell you.

The worst is when the deer bust you and you have no idea why. Winds great and all that. Scent free like the boy in the bubble and they still catch you. Sometimes they know they are being looked at.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crazy thing I forgot to mention... probably the most important thing also.... they were staring at me, uneasy about it of course... then about 100yards behind the dear there's a field with some Donkeys, one let out a Yee-Haaw, and thats when they took off, could have been the combination of seeing me, and then hearing that horrindous noise.[&:]
Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

I was hunting with my Dad at a friends place a couple years ago. We started heading into the woods from the guys yard at about 4:30, plenty before first light but the deer were already in there. I had one start snorting and took off at one point from about 20yds in from of me and the deer would only take a couple steps and turn and start snorting and stomping at me. I couldn't do anything besides just keep walking in and he did that like 4 times and at one point he was running right at me. I have an LED headlamp with a red low light and a white bright light. I had the red one on as I was going in to keep the light down, but I was getting p*ssed and decided to shine him with my bright and keep walking. I just wanted him to move off to keep from spooking everything in the woods.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Sitting on stand one afternoon a couple of years ago. I look across the river and at 200 yards their stand a real nice buck. I grab my binoculars and set their just to watch him. The wind is blowing about 5-10 directly toward him. As he approaches the river he starts putting his nose in the air testing the wind. I could tell he was picking up something he didn't like. I had showered with "Dead Downwind" but he still picked me up. He just turned and walked away, went about 300 yards downriver and swam the river and came over to my side and headed away from my stand location. It's amazing how far away they can smell, 200 yards in this case.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

busted by about 25-30 deer in 4 hours![:@][:@][:@] bad, bad, bad setup
Old 12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter_59

Sitting on stand one afternoon a couple of years ago. I look across the river and at 200 yards their stand a real nice buck. I grab my binoculars and set their just to watch him. The wind is blowing about 5-10 directly toward him. As he approaches the river he starts putting his nose in the air testing the wind. I could tell he was picking up something he didn't like. I had showered with "Dead Downwind" but he still picked me up. He just turned and walked away, went about 300 yards downriver and swam the river and came over to my side and headed away from my stand location. It's amazing how far away they can smell, 200 yards in this case.
Just think how many bucks do that, that we DON'T see....

Quick Reply: What's the worst you've ever been Busted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.