Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Recap, Friday night and Saturday (Vid) >

Recap, Friday night and Saturday (Vid)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Recap, Friday night and Saturday (Vid)

Old 11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Recap, Friday night and Saturday (Vid)

I am alittle sore about it, but I missed on a good buck on Friday night. I didn't include the miss. Maybe I will in the future, but not now. More importantly I saw three deer that I would shoot that night, the last being a real nice one.
Brief overview on the Vid:
First buckhad to have watched us walk in. He ran out in the field literally 15 minutes after we walked in from the truck. The second (the miss) was hauling some serious butt behind a doe down from the top of the field.She was already in the woods by the time I got the release on the bow, drew, and stopped him before he got to the woods. I rushed it and shot high, then rushed a second shot high again. I got the fever, period. I never had time to take a breath, I guess them's the breaks. The last buck, well I thought he was my shot at redemption, but he never got into range. Enjoy.

Note: the big guy watches a crotch rocket run up through the gears.

I semi redeemed myself on a turkey on Saturday morning at 41 yards. The pic is from a buddy's cell phone, sorry. I really dropped the ball,I didn't have the camera on hand as it was pouring.

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh134/bmeckbach/?action=view&current=1bc45386.pbr VIDEO

Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Recap, Friday night and Saturday (Vid)

Oh and to add to the disapointment, I had to move the stand today as it seems it is dead on the boundary line. I think that someone else witnessed the activity from the other side. I moved 20 feet. I can shoot the ravine behind it now. High hopes for redemption this week.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched the video before reading your post... I was going to mention the Crotch Rocket thing, But you covered it already

Looks like you have an awesome spot.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice bucks, good luck. Congrats on the turkey also.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I am really thinking about upgrading my photobucket account so that I can get higher quality. If not right now, maybe for turkey season. I am gonna hunt that spot today and see what good can be done.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ben When I watched the video and listened to you use the can I could tell you were shaking real bad! The can call was a little out of tune!LOL Good luck putting your tag on one of those bad boys!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Ben congrats on the turkey, sorry about the miss on the buck!!!!!!!!!!

Just on question for you ok? where is your orange hat that your suppose to have on while your moving?

ok you took it off for the pic right??????!!!!!!!

nice turkey with a bow at that!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Did you happen to check out the tarsals on those two guys?

One question.......which way was the wind blowing?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews - ya I did. I don't like looking like a gun hunter in pics. (no offfense guys)

Twild - ya I was shaking at that point.

GMMAT - the wind was blowing from me to the road. When the bigger guy checked it, I am afraid that he got me.

To my immediate right there is a hollow containing huge scrapes. I was betting on the bucks coming out of there or from the top of the field like they did.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Dominant Buck

GMMAT - the wind was blowing from me to the road. When the bigger guy checked it, I am afraid that he got me.
It looked to me like the younger deer also tried to get downwind of you. Could that be when he buggered out?

Quick Reply: Recap, Friday night and Saturday (Vid)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.