HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Passthrough with no blood on arrow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/272645-passthrough-no-blood-arrow.html)

crenth 11-09-2008 01:03 PM

Passthrough with no blood on arrow

Has anyone ever had a passthrough with good location (behind leg, middle height) and not have any blood on their arrow?

Bbearfax 11-09-2008 02:57 PM

RE: Passthrough with no blood on arrow

I am not even sure that is possable!!!!!!!!!

Ben / PA 11-09-2008 03:01 PM

Sounds like the shot I had on Friday night. Did your deer trot away like nothing was wrong too?[8D]

GMMAT 11-09-2008 03:28 PM

I saw a doe get SMOKED this year....and there was nothing on the arrow but stomach matter.

She was smoked. Shot could not have been better. We figure it picked up food matter from the espophagus.

rybohunter 11-09-2008 03:45 PM

I've had them have almost no blood. Very fine and thin with still the fletch color clearly visible. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean a dry arrow?

1shotkill1993 11-09-2008 04:19 PM

sounds like you didnt hit it

bigcountry 11-09-2008 04:28 PM

I have. Once. Its usually a high shot. Right above the liver right behind the lungs, right below the spine, is almost a dead zone. They can go forever on that shot.

pa_yote_hunter 11-09-2008 05:34 PM

thats how it was for the buck i shot this year. I made a good hit on him, and there was barely any blood on it at all. I thought i missed him at first, then i noticed some blood on the white fletching. The shot was right behind the shoulder and it sliced the heart.......its possible

crenth 11-09-2008 06:10 PM

I hit a doe last night and had blood going across a field. Continued looking this afternoon and had good blood going through the woods and then trailed it to the water. Lost the blood trail but did some walking and found a dead doe that was comparable in size to the one that I shot. It looked to have been dead for a little while and something looked to have eaten on its side. The shot placement on it was excellent. My arrow had no blood on it whatsoever but was "wet" from something.

SwampCollie 11-09-2008 07:15 PM

I've misjudged the angle a bit on a deer I thought was quartering away slightly and made what I "thought" was a perfect shot, only to have nothing but guts on the arrow. Even when I recovered that deer she looked to have been hit perfect.... back on one lung and liver.... maybe two inches further back than I'd of liked... but I still made a perfect shot... I was just aiming at the wrong place!

I've also had arrows come out with a lot of tallow on them. Sometimes they aren't always coated in super thick pink froth like I prefer... just gotta go based on the first 20-30 yards of blood trail.