Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Doe #3 Thankyou Jesus! Ready for some Bucks. >

Doe #3 Thankyou Jesus! Ready for some Bucks.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe #3 Thankyou Jesus! Ready for some Bucks.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Doe #3 Thankyou Jesus! Ready for some Bucks.

I finnally got to go back out tonight for only my 2ND Hunt in 2 WEEKS!! I been pretty busy lately, but anyway, GMMAT let me borrow a stand and climbing stick last week, I got them up at about 3pm TODAY.

I got out and went back around 4:30pm this evening to hunt it. I was hunting a field edge, where Ive really been seeing the does on my way out and when I ride by, pretty much on a daily basis. Give/take.I was at the beginning of a stand of woods looking onto the field in which is about 40yrds accross before hitting the bedding/staging THICKET.(see ariel)

I got set up, said my daily hunting prayer. And started to indulge into the outdoors. I wanted one more doe before I really started "Buck" hunting. Before I thought I would be seeing deer two small does work there way through the thicket, I can catch glimpses of them through the brush, one comes to the edge to feeding under a apple tree for a few minutes and then turning to come out into the field, I thinking Oh yeh, gonna get it done early.[8D]Boy was I wrong, There was something she didnt like... she turned and ran off....The other doe meandered in the thicket and disappeared.

Pretty much all evening I could here deer in the thicket but couldnt spot but one other one that quickly disappeared. I had a VERY Good feeling even after possibly getting winded....(dont think I was though...?)

Right before dark, I here the Brush BUSTING, very deliberate, and I was thinking about something Rob was saying, about how bucks seem to be very deliberate in there steps, while does are more sneaky... It was down the thicket line, but it was coming my way, It must have crossed the field out of my viewing distance because all of sudden she... thats right "she"(she was noisy!)was in my woodlot coming towards me, she gets within 23 yards but I had no shot.

She makes her way out into the field, working her way accross the field at 40yrds to my NW... There was nothing but limbs in my way to my left and right, the only shots I had was right infront of me. After about 2 steps per minute while feeding, she starts working her way Away from me...

I thought to myself, Why not try to call? I hit a normal doe bleat about 3 times she stops and looks upfield but sees nothing, returns to feeding but starts My way now...It's getting dark but Im patient as can be. The distance starts closing, A few more steps and she will clear the overhanging obstacles..The whole time I'm Praying, "please let me get a shot at this deer!"

Well whoever says God doesnt have a sense of humor, Is all too wrong, She gets within about 3-4 steps of a shot and she stops looks behind her, and sees "something" I thought NO! She turned and started walking away without feeding, she was on a B-line. I hit the doe bleat three more times out of desperation as she got out of sight, then a few seconds later, I here her coming to me in the woods again, It was too dark in the woods for any kind of shot even if it did present its self.

Then Back out into the field she comes, she was looking for this deer she kept hereing, Thats when it all came together for me. She was looking for the deer, I was looking for a spot.21yrd shot and her nose was scraping the ground before she got out of the field.

I could still here her kicking in the thicket, I got down, got my arrow, and while inspecting 3 does almost ran over me! Luckily[&:] they spotted me before it was too late and the snorted and bolted.[:@]
I marked the trail and headed out for some supper with the family.

My Grandfather came back with me and helped me track her and drag her out. BEST part of the whole hunt right there.

The Biggest Doe Ive killed and best shot Ive made on one, Double Lung through both shoulders, complete pass-thru(G5 Striker). It was awesome. Long winded, But I like telling stories.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Doe #3 Thankyou Jesus! Ready for some Bucks.

Way to go! Congrats!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome story Aaron!! Congratulation's to you, your having an awesome year!!

Man I sure wish I had more then one tag, this Is killing me! Congrats once again bud!!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man you are really laying them down, now lets see some horn!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations Aaron. Good job.

I haven't gotten out hardly at all lately, I need to, but I've been extremely busy.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Congrats Aaron. Great job
Old 10-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

Congrats!! I am happy 4 u.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a great hunt. Congratulations.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2008, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome Aaron! That buck from my nephew was shot with a Montech thru both shoulders ... they die real nice when you hit 'em like that

How did the gutting go?[8D]

Quick Reply: Doe #3 Thankyou Jesus! Ready for some Bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.