Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Head shots

Old 10-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Head shots

Solocamcan wanted me to post this in the bowhunting forum so everyone cantear me a new one. I simply stated that head shots on does are very effective, clean, and ethical shots in the deer hunting forum. I was brought up that it was ok to shoot a doe in the head at close range. This is why I stated this in the deer hunting forum and not the bowhunting forum. It was a question for gun hunters. Now I don't advise anyone to do this with a bow for its a very low percentage shot and should never be taken with an arrow.

All Im saying is its practiced by some so they don't waste meat, tracking is minimal and they don't want to distube their hunting (while in EAB). I know that a double lung shot doesn't waste meat either, but head shots are not illegal. Both shots something could go wrong, like hitting a leg, jaw, or guts. For instance some people still think the Texas heart shot is the only way to go.This is an opnion question and not a debate, so please no name calling because not everyone grew up in the same area. And no one wrote the book on ethics, if you did I want to buy a copy.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Head shots

The head shot thing again!!!!! This ought to go well.....We have some real uptight guys on here(HNI)!!!!!
My dad always took the head shot (with a rifle)!!!!I bowhunt 99.9% of the time, so I never even thought of it but with a rifle I see nothing wrong with it as long as you know your limits and your equipment well enough to make the shot!!!!....