Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NEW HOYTS FINALLY! >

NEW HOYTS FINALLY!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEW HOYTS FINALLY!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 PM

Default NEW HOYTS FINALLY!

Been waitin and a waitin, and now that they are here I'm not too sure what to think. Not quite a center pivot, almost more like an extended limb pocket like limbsavers bow or something...who knows, I cant wait to shoot one regardless.

Alphamax is their new flagship, they kept the Kateras as well. Alphamax is offered in 32 or 35" ATA.

Ill post more when I find more out.

Alphamax

Alphamax 35

New Cams

They also brought back the spiral cams after all the griping from target archers after they discontinued....ive never shot one, but apparently it is one of the best cam designs ever.

Vantage Elite

New Spiral Cams

Old 10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NEW HOYTS FINALLY!

I guess there's no greater form of flattery than imitation.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

May just be me.....but that is a god awful ugly bow, cant wait to shoot one [8D]
Old 10-20-2008, 09:17 PM

Who wants a blue bow[8D]

Just kidding, the Alpha Max does look sweet. Looks like they took the best things about a few bow brands and put it all together in one bow

P.S. Trevor, check your PM box
Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Im a Hoyt shooter, and as nice as they may seem nowadays....you cant pull me away from my 05 viper tec!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I knew this would get the techies....heck, i posted it with that thought in mind.

Bowtech wasnt the first with a split riser design.... So yeah, flattery and imitation, lol.

Im not sure I like the design either, but one thing is for sure, this split riser has laminated limbs...no need for shatterproof glasses.

Ill shoot one, hopefully this week, and do a review on it....It certainly didnt wow me into wanting to trade up this year, thats for sure.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I posted the pics in a response in the technical forum.Really thought it would do something there.[8D]

I really liked the center pivot design when Bowtech introduced it but never liked the draw cycle or the grips on the Bowtechs,still don't,along with some other issues I have with them.Not a bash,just not my personal preference.

I think this version of the center pivot is actually a little better,atleast from what I can see in the pics.I am confident I will like the draw cycle better,atleast I have previously up to this point.This is the first bow,in several yearsthat has peaked my interest enough to makeme think I need to get one.

Can't wait to see all the options.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

And perhaps if bowtech keeps copying hoyt they can one day make a limb that won't go caploooey...... you gotta go back farther than last year to see who is imitating and who is leading.... bowtechs are great.... and I've got one on order.... but anyone who tries to take the fact that there is probably no BETTER BUILD or SOLID bow made from Hoyt.... just doesn't know what they are talkin' about......
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Just put up a photo of a Guardian or Commander and tell me if it looks like them, or not.

I'm not saying anything bad about the bow. But....if you're saying it's"innovative".....instead of"imitation".....pass me what you're smokin'.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just put up a photo of a Guardian or Commander and tell me if it looks like them, or not.

I'm not saying anything bad about the bow. But....if you're saying it's"innovative".....instead of"imitation".....pass me what you're smokin'.
Really most all designs are imitations of something previous.

Quick Reply: NEW HOYTS FINALLY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.