Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting Down To "Crunch Time" >

Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Old 10-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

I know many of you have differing seasons than I but I am entering the 3rd week of a 6 week long archery season here in PA. My question is this, how are you feeling at this point?

I feel like the real game is just heating up. It feels like the jitters are gone and it's time to get down to business.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

I know many of you have differing seasons than I but I am entering the 3rd week of a 6 week long archery season here in PA. My question is this, how are you feeling at this point?

I feel like the real game is just heating up. It feels like the jitters are gone and it's time to get down to business.
Funny you mention this, Ben. I'm starting to feel a bit of the pressure, but it's really only pressure I'm putting on myself. Mainly because I'm in a bit of a buck "slump."[8D] So, even though I know the best time of the season is ahead of us, I'm still thinking in the back of my mind that I'm running out of time.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean. I know I have solid locations, but yet I still get that restless feeling about where to go every night. This cold weather this week could be the snap we need on the buck front.[8D]
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with you. after a few sits on new land i'm starting to get a 'feel" for things. i'll be back out there this weekend and i'm feeling good about it. I'm confident I'll get it done, I'm just not sure when that might be. I have until January 4th. I don't think it will take that long.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel like the real game is just heating up.
So do I.

If I don't kill another deer this year....I'd consider this season a success. But.....I fell NO "pressure" to score on a buck. I have the land ......and the time (), for now......so "we'll see".

My hunting days (every day)are numbered, though........
Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM

Felling confident this year with my new Hunt smarter not harder view of things. Seems to be paying off so far. For the first time in many years I actually feel I have stands in the right locations. Confidence is real high right now.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things are heating up around here. I have all next week off, should be awesome for calling. I'm going to hunt with my brother in the U.P. for a couple days, but then back to IL for some all day sits and hopefully a giant buck on the ground. i've left a good chunk of the property untouched, waiting for this time of year.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

It’s no where near crunch time.
Ask me this question the night of November 14th and see what my answer is.

I am not confident, nor am I in a panic. I will get out and hunt every chance I get, and attempt to put myself in the best position I can to shoot a mature buck each time.(starting this weekend, still on doe duty this week) After that, there is nothing else that can be done.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

No where near crunch time for me. Ask me this question a month from now and if I don't have a big one on the ground then I'll be starting to sweat a little.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

No where near crunch time for me. Ask me this question a month from now and if I don't have a big one on the ground then I'll be starting to sweat a little.
In a month, I won'tbe sweating, I will be crying. Cause it will be over till January.

Quick Reply: Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.