Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting Down To "Crunch Time" >

Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

I have 3 weeks of PA with a lot of time off, I'm not worried yet. I then have one week in IL.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see it as I have 1 month to get it done w/ a bow, then I'll have to wait till late december... due to gun season.

I've got plenty of time off the first two weeks of nov.so I will be balls to the wall to get a buck down starting this weekend (taking friday off to get a head start)
Old 10-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Its a long season no worries here.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious...those who feel no pressure, or are very confident. How many years have you gone without a buck? I wonder how I would feel had I not entered this season as my potentially 6th season without a buck[&:]
Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

MGH, I honestly don't remember the last time I didn't kill a buck. I am guessing it's been at least 10 years.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

MGH, I honestly don't remember the last time I didn't kill a buck. I am guessing it's been at least 10 years.
Congrats...wish I could say the same[&:]
Old 10-20-2008, 01:05 PM

I'm not feeling any pressure. Our season lasts until Jan 15th.

I have taken 2 does and now I am focusing on a buck.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt,
What's your standards? Big buck? Legal buck? How much time will you have to hunt the last 2 weeks of the season?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hunting is just starting to get good in most areas. We'll be seeing a lotmore bucks hitting the ground in the next few days.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Matt,
What's your standards? Big buck? Legal buck? How much time will you have to hunt the last 2 weeks of the season?
Ryan, my standards are somewhat open ended. I've passed legal bucks the past two seasons (including a 6 point this yr), but I'm not holding out for a P&Y buck. It's not too realistic in my neck of the woods. I suppose a solid 8-10point in the 90"+ range would suit me.

I've hunted everyday of the PA season this year, and will be able to hunt pretty much every evening here on out (maybe a few misses here and there), and every Saturday. I don't take any days of because I really can't.

My last archery buck was my senior year of high school (Fall 2002). I shot a 6 point in October. Once college hit, I got in about average 4-5 Saturday sits, and about 5 total weekday sits each year in my four seasons while I was at school. Not to say that's an excuse for not killing anything, but I was also not hunting nearly as effective as I would like to think I am now. This season is my second season out of college and of actually hunting hard. Last year I hunted almost as much as I will this year, and saw two legal bucks...that's it...shot a doe, but that was all. This is now my 6th season, and I feel like I should be due to connect, but who knows, lol. It's this nagging voice in the back of my head.

Quick Reply: Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.